Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been an avid BGGer for a coupe of years now, but believe it or not it is really helping me cope with a rather tragic situation right now. And I really apreciate the humor and good naturedness of the BGG community for it.

I found out a couple of days ago that my best friend died; 41 years old - same age as me... basically he brother I never had.

Well redin game reviews, GLs, and such has helped immensely. He was one of the few friends I could count on for a god thought provoking game. Heck, I even had a GL of games I gave to him.

So now he is gone; BGG has been sort of a stand in friend as a sort since he left me.. He was the guy I could call late in the evenign and chat/complain about affairs of state, and all sorts of mundane stuff...

If it weren't for teh quick wit and humor of the BGG community, I am certain this would be much harder than it has been. I visit the site almost daily and when I laugh (especially now) or learn something new - it makes my day...

Thanks!
Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Typical of me, I can't type worth #&*$^

I suspect people may be scratching their 'noggins on the original post...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
My condolences Paul. That's a tough one but I'm glad you can find humor on BGG to brighten your day.

By the way, I wish I was scratching my noggins. I've heard two heads are better than one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul, I briefly gamed with you at NOVA comics in Virginia before I moved last year. Was the person who passed from that group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marshall wasn't me - I have never gamed at a store. My NoVA Gaming groups consists of friends and fellow gaming reservists. My passion rubs off (sort of) on them. This gentleman was a gaming friend, but he lived in Richmond, so we didn't see each other as often. He was the friend I gave some games to in a geeklist I did...

Cheers abd thanks everyone!
Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul,
BGG is good therapy, indeed! I'm so sorry for your loss.

Best wishes, j.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Paul. I guess it was a different Paul. I've always thought it was you though! Still, glad you could find some relief at BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald McDaniel
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My condolences to you. Several years ago, I lost a cousin who was two years younger than me. We both had no siblings and grew up almost like brothers, so I know something of your loss. It's good to remember the fun times and move on. Hang in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear about your loss Paul... Wishing you all the best...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Paul, glad you could find some solace here at BGG in a time of grief.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.