Jason Matthews
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Walmart online has Bootleggers for $19 and Bloodfeud NY for $25.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(The Artist formerly known as) Arnest R
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and carry on...
mbmbmbmbmb
If yes, you need a new family devil

to each his own

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skrebs
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the most part, I agree with Kobra1 about game length, although there are exceptions (RRT and some others). Luckily, we are a varied community.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like someone said, "to each his own". I usually prefer longer games for a "good" gaming session, but just because a game is longer definitely does not make it a "Brainbuster". I have some long games that are just plain FUN and they get picked over the shorter ones on the weekend always. I hour games are good for weeknights though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
mbmbmbmbmb
what's the second game? I tried to search for it, but nothing came up for either bloodfeud or bloodfeud nycry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Jansen
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heinrichsteven wrote:
what's the second game? I tried to search for it, but nothing came up for either bloodfeud or bloodfeud nycry

It's Blood Feud in New York

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/14258

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wessels
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
price just changed on Walmart for Bootleggers. No longer such a deal. I regret not having jumped on the chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
Kobra1 wrote:
Wow nice price.. Then I saw its a 2 hour+ game, and realised it would probably hardly ever see any table time here. Anything over an hour, and the people I game with start getting REALLY bored. I do as well, unless it is something really compelling, and exciting.

I presume you refer to BLOOD FEUD, since BOOTLEGGERS is supposed to be about 90 minutes.

I'd really say that's a maximum in terms of game length - I ran a BLOOD FEUD tournament that included a full explanation of the system for 3 newbies, and we were done in just under 2 hours. The games butthroat enough so that players tend to get "rubbed out" fairly quickly once someone's built up a reasonable force, and the mechanics are pretty unforgiving to those who fall behind - loss of income by seizure and the resultant inability to keep up in troops lead to fast downfalls. It's also fairly fast movng without a lot of complexity in the turn sequence, so it's fairly interesting most of the way through as well.

Basically, I'm trying to say I think the average playtime for BLOOD FEUD is likely closer to 90 minutes to an hour and a half.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
kaysville
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

oldmanrivah wrote:
I'd really say that's a maximum in terms of game length - I ran a BLOOD FEUD tournament that included a full explanation of the system for 3 newbies, and we were done in just under 2 hours. The games butthroat enough so that players tend to get "rubbed out" fairly quickly once someone's built up a reasonable force, and the mechanics are pretty unforgiving to those who fall behind ...

Witness the birth of a new and interesting word: "butthroat"--I will constantly be on the lookout for application of this word in my everyday life.

BTW, I agree with your point about game length in the 90 min range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Cromwell
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this thread last week and could not decide if I wanted to buy Bootleggers or not. Well I decided to get it and went to walmart's website today only to see that it jumped up $10 over the weekend to $29.54. Bummer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.