Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Giusti
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a single worker uncover 2 treasures by leaving a hex, and re-entering?

With a treasure hex connected by 1 stone, a worker can enter the hex and dig, using up 4 action points. Then leave, and re-enter, which uses up 2 more. He still has 4 action points left. Can he dig again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is pretty unclear, but most people will say no. They can go to a different hex and dig, but most assume it's one treasure/level per worker per hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stalling
Sweden
Lund
Skåne
flag msg tools
Even though it it not specifically forbidden by the rules, I agree that it is 1 worker - 1 treasure per round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hudson
United States
Vermilion
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why play that way? The rules don’t prohibit it as far as I can tell. If a worker can move twice, why can’t it dig twice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not spelled out very clear in the rules but i use the ruling that the GM uses at the world boardgaming championships.His rule clarification is:

A worker may move and take other actions after uncovering a temple level or recovering treasure.

And another clarification he uses says:

It requires two different workers to uncover two temple levels or recover two treasures,but they do not have to be there at the same time.

These two clarifications seem to work pretty well.I guess it does not matter which rules you choose to play by as long as everyone is aware of which rules you are playing by at the beginning of the game.But if you were playing by these rules the same worker would not be allowed to re-enter the same hex and dig or uncover again but would be allowed to dig or uncover at a different hex.Hope this helps your enjoyment of a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The worker can dig/recover as many times as it likes (within 10APs), just not in the same hex. At least, that is how I play it. Rules are packed away now, so I can't check the exact wording...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hudson
United States
Vermilion
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I confess it never occurred to us to question the ability of a single worker to dig twice in the same hex. I guess I’m still not convinced but I see how it may make the game less luck-driven for the non-auction version.

But we’ve only played once and it went like this:

My wife, “Hey, if I just got all those points, how come my score marker is way back there?”

Me, “That’s not your marker, that’s mine.”

My wife, “Oh. Ha ha ha ha !”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Polston
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Doesn't the restriction just apply to the one hex? That worker could dig, move to an adjacent treasure tile and dig again, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
srp1960 wrote:
Doesn't the restriction just apply to the one hex? That worker could dig, move to an adjacent treasure tile and dig again, right?

Correct. Two workers can both dig in one hex. One worker can dig twice, as long as they are in 2 different hexes. Actually one worker could dig 3 times if there were 3 temples close enough to each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh! my first game, and I've forgot that. I've even allowed a worker to find 2 treasures in one round. At least only I will know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.