Citadels» Forums » Rules

Subject: 7 Districts Scoring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Griffiths
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
When you play to 7 districts (as opposed to the normal 8) do the scoring rules change so the player to reach 7 districts gets the 4 poitns that is normally given to the person who builds 8 districts first?

And also, would subsequential players to reach 7 districts recieve 2 points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you're making up rules then you're making up rules, so I don't see why you're asking the question.

My answer is "Of course, the bonus is for filling your city, so clearly the first person to build 7 districts (if that's what you're playing to) would get 4 points, etc."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tang
Malaysia
KL
WP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darksoulseed wrote:
When you play to 7 districts (as opposed to the normal 8) do the scoring rules change so the player to reach 7 districts gets the 4 poitns that is normally given to the person who builds 8 districts first?

And also, would subsequential players to reach 7 districts recieve 2 points?

Yes and yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(The Artist formerly known as) Arnest R
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and carry on...
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually prefer to go from 1->8 than from 0->7. The first buildings are picked from different colours with same VP value and distributed randomly. Keeps the game dynamics closer to the original in terms of ressource management while making it a bit shorter to play. Might even try 2->8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fer moros
South Korea
Kwang-Ju
Gwangju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that is a nice idea. Never thought of that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ersatz Ursatz
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
Well, if you're making up rules then you're making up rules, so I don't see why you're asking the question.

Playing to seven districts is an official variant for a shorter game, so he's not making up rules here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffiths
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
The only reason why I'm asking is because the rules state you that you get 4 points for reaching 8 districts. The only mention of seven districts is for shorter game play, so I would imagine one could argue that since there is no reference to "filling" your city, the rules only apply to building 8 districts. And since building to 7 is to make the game quicker, one could even suggest less scoring and adding up would also make the game quicker.

But either way, I'm quite impartial. It's really just opinions I'm asking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
-
flag msg tools
arnest_r wrote:
I actually prefer to go from 1->8 than from 0->7. The first buildings are picked from different colours with same VP value and distributed randomly. Keeps the game dynamics closer to the original in terms of ressource management while making it a bit shorter to play. Might even try 2->8.

I dont understand this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffiths
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
-xXx- wrote:
arnest_r wrote:

I dont understand this.

(I think) It just means each players start with an already built district (1->8). The 0 would imply you start with nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darksoulseed wrote:
-xXx- wrote:
arnest_r wrote:

I dont understand this.

(I think) It just means each players start with an already built district (1->8). The 0 would imply you start with nothing.
interesting variant. I suppose you could shuffle up the blue, red, and green buildings that cost 1 and randomly deal them out as start cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.