Carvel
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
I'm a member of the Game Artisans of Canada
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a single booster pack for PotSM and it looks like a lot of fun. Something I'm sure my son would love to play once he's a bit older. and I'm sure he won't mind if Dad plays with them a bit until then.

I'm not looking to get a complete set but I would like to aquire a fairly large amount of ships, islands and crew. I'm not focusing too heavily on rares or promos but they do tend do be the best cards or at least the most interesting to play (damn CCG bastards!)

I'm also not sure about the other editions (Barbary Coast ect) Do they play seamlessly with PotSM or does each edition add new rules ect?

I have several games on my trade list but I would also trade the following:

Rheinländer - punched/inventoried but unplayed (bonus extra board)
Vinci - punched/played - good condition (some box wear)
Amun-Re - punched and played - good condition

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm free-basing midichloriens and the force is, like, an energy that connects and penetrates us all, man.
United States
Saint Ann
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mk-ultra71 wrote:
I bought a single booster pack for PotSM and it looks like a lot of fun. Something I'm sure my son would love to play once he's a bit older. and I'm sure he won't mind if Dad plays with them a bit until then.

I'm not looking to get a complete set but I would like to aquire a fairly large amount of ships, islands and crew. I'm not focusing too heavily on rares or promos but they do tend do be the best cards or at least the most interesting to play (damn CCG bastards!)

I'm also not sure about the other editions (Barbary Coast ect) Do they play seamlessly with PotSM or does each edition add new rules ect?

I have several games on my trade list but I would also trade the following:

Rheinländer - punched/inventoried but unplayed (bonus extra board)
Vinci - punched/played - good condition (some box wear)
Amun-Re - punched and played - good condition

Mike

Each new set does add and/or modify the rules, but they have been good about updating the rulesbooks with each new release of the "basic" set; and the new rules IMHO have all made the game much better.

I'm *very* interested in trading, as I have tons of extras. I don't have a complete set, but I do have about 6 or 7 near-complete sets. Damn CCGs. angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Ferrency
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you're not averse to buying more PotSM:

Toys R Us and Kmart (maybe elsewhere) sell special tins of PotSM, containing 4 packs in a container which is good for storing the ships and cards in. These retail for $9.99, which is considerably less than buying the 4 packs separately.

This may have been a holiday-only thing, they may not be restocking it... it's not on the WizKids product list anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuuli Mustasydän
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a small handful of Spanish Main and Crimson Coast ships/cards/islands/thingies (and their associated rulesheets), but they're in Calgary right now. The earliest I can pick them up is end of February though There's a list of the pieces I have posted on my trade list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.