Neil Carr
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I searched the forum for this but couldn't find an answer. Is there any way to match up what's in my collection with what has been marked as wanted by other users? That is, can I produce a list of games in my collection that are wanted by others? Right now it seems like I have to go to each game page to find out if anyone wants the game. It would save a lot of time if I could just use the database to produce a list of the titles people want so I can then concentrate on marking those for trade/sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FullContactGEEK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep...you don't have any games marked as available for trade so that's the first thing you have to do. If you indicate some games you don't have as wanted, you'll have even more options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
But he doesn't want to find trades, he wants to find users who want his games.

I don't think there is that kind of look up feature (except through each game's page), as you said.

If you are serious about wanting this, you may want to post this request for a new feature on the forum for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pranno
United States
Chardon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this what he is looking for, or soemthing more specific?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/trademgr.php3?action=tradefinde...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Carr
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, unfortunately it looks like you can't do what I was hoping. I was interested in generating a list of games in my collection that are wanted by others. That way I can ignore those games in my collection that no one wants and focus on the wanted ones. Then I can look through the list of games people desire and decide which ones I'd be willing to let go of.

Rather than going from a point of view of "I don't really want this, I'll get it listed to trade/sell." Instead I want to get rid of about a third of my collection, about 100 games, and so I just want to find out what can be moved fairly quickly out of my collection based on the desire of others for a specific title. Right now I'd have to tedious click through everything in my collection, collect all that data by hand, and then start making my decisions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Shall I send you a list of things you have that I'd be interested in?

Do you want anything in return for the games? I could at least pay for some of the postage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.