Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I've been having some interesting conversations with the management of Boda Borg. I've got a fairly good sense of how the quests work (at least from a business side) and will be going to Sweden in April to look at two of the sights. Has anyone here been to a Boda Borg? If so, what was your experience? Do you still go? Is it something people do in small groups, large groups, alone? (I know a quest typically runs 3-5 people, but I don't know if people go with the intent of joining other groups in line or only quest with the people they came with.) Is it something that appeals to a wide range of ages or is there a more narrow demographic that makes up most of the customers?

Anything you can tell me about who goes and what the experience is like would be very welcome.

Best,
Chad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you talking about this Boda Borg Chad? They are in multiple locations in Sweden, which of the following are you planning to attend?

Karlskoga
Karlskrona
Östersund
Oxelösund
Sävsjö
Skellefteå
Torpshammar
Visby

I haven't been to Boda Borg, but it looks like fun. Seems based on our long running TV game show "Fångarna på fortet". The show can be viewed online at TV4 Play.

There are also a few other companies providing similar services to Boda Borg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
The only people I heard done it, did it in group and thats My only knowledge of that thing. It is not well-known at all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolai Broen Thorning
Denmark
Ebeltoft
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I worked for a Swedish company previously and 2 years ago they had a get-together at the HQ in Sweden. One of the team-building events was a trip to Boda Borg. We were divided into teams and then had free reign over the place.

There were various degrees of challenges from easy to hard. It seemed most of the harder challenges also were the ones most physically challenging. Not all of them were all that logical but if you get 4-5 competitive people in a group, competing against their co-workers in scoring the most points (higher challenges equals more points) and it becomes even better.

I certainly enjoyed myself and I could see myself go again with my family, as a bachelor party event, a re-union, work-related...

Thumbs up from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know which ones I'll be attending. My host said I'd get to see two, so I'm leaving that up to him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it a "Fångarna på fortet" (TV-contest) copy for regular people to participate in? I thought it was climbing stuff and such. Karlskoga is the closest one to me, didn't knew there was many. Never tried it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mats Persson
Sweden
Linköping
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been at Boda Borg in Oxelösund. I was a bit reluctant about it before going, but found it was quite enjoyable. It was some fun quests and you could choose the simpler ones or the more physically demanding ones. Crawling in small narrow spaces makes you aware of every small muscle you have. And that they hurt the day after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henric Fröberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
Seize the Road
badge
For Captain Hammer!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been to the Boda Borgs in Oxelösund and Karlskoga and found both of them very enjoyable. I'm a 25-year old guy who likes to do sports and like to compete.

Most of the people going to this place go in groups of 3-4 people, since that's what you need to get through a quest. Very few people go alone (and join another group there). Larger groups usually split into smaller groups.

I've been there with several types of groups, and all of them have enjoyed it. Two years ago, I was in Oxelösund with my work. At my work, there are people from 20 to 65, and everyone had a blast. However, I think the typical visitor is either a family with kids or a group of friends in their twenties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HenricF wrote:
I've been to the Boda Borgs in Oxelösund and Karlskoga and found both of them very enjoyable. I'm a 25-year old guy who likes to do sports and like to compete.

Most of the people going to this place go in groups of 3-4 people, since that's what you need to get through a quest. Very few people go alone (and join another group there). Larger groups usually split into smaller groups.

I've been there with several types of groups, and all of them have enjoyed it. Two years ago, I was in Oxelösund with my work. At my work, there are people from 20 to 65, and everyone had a blast. However, I think the typical visitor is either a family with kids or a group of friends in their twenties.

Do you consider going back? What would make you want to try it again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henric Fröberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
Seize the Road
badge
For Captain Hammer!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been to the Boda Borg in Oxelösund 3 times the past 3 years, and solved most of the quests. So right now I don't feel like going back. However, they will take down all the old quests and build new ones this summer, so after that I'll certainly be back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any quests that remain interesting after you've solved them? For example, would you try to achieve a faster time or defeat a record held by another team?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henric Fröberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
Seize the Road
badge
For Captain Hammer!
mbmbmbmbmb
A far as I know, they don't measure how long it takes for you to complete a quest. Either you manage within the set time or you don't. So no, quests are generally not that interesting after you've figured out how to solve them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HenricF wrote:
A far as I know, they don't measure how long it takes for you to complete a quest.

Yet. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls