Tim Loomis
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I don't understand the part of the planning phase where players decide their turn order. Isn't the turn order already on the log sheet and determined by car color and the turn of the game? Any help in clearing up my confusion is appreciated!

Thanks,

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fitch
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
tloomis wrote:

I don't understand the part of the planning phase where players decide their turn order. Isn't the turn order already on the log sheet and determined by car color and the turn of the game? Any help in clearing up my confusion is appreciated!

Tim,

I believe that at the beginning of each round, each player selects a turn sequence # from their car's column and writes the letter for the movement option in the little circle next to the sequence number chosen. Everyone secretly chooses a sequence # from the column for each of their cars and writes a movement option in the circle next to chosen sequence #. Then after everyone has made selections, the order of play for that round is based on the sequence #s chosen that round - lowest to highest sequence number. So on the first round, the red car could choose sequence #33 and write letter in the circle next to it (the red car does NOT have to choose sequence #1 on the first turn, #16 on second turn, etc)

From the rules:
"Each player chooses a turn sequence number for his car and marks it on the log sheet. Later, in the action phase, the cars will move in the order of those numbers, lowest number first, then next higher etc."

"For each of his cars, the player chooses one of the movement options (A,B,C, … ,N,O,P) shown on the car chart and writes that letter into the circle next to the turn sequence number chosen."

Hope this makes sense. I've only had 1 aborted attempt at play with 8 players who weren't too keen on it, I think because it didn't have rules for reverse, if I recall. I'd like to give it another whirl, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Loomis
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah ... that makes sense now. Thank you!

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.