Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the game:
Daniel (me)
Esther (wife)
Mitchell (son)

So, the final game of the night was Alcatraz (at my sons request). I will never request this game but I will play it if for no other reason than I get to game with my family (well minus my daughter this night). Contrary to what others might say about this game - it isn't bad - after all it did get published!

I was the first to get one of my convicts to the place where he could jump on the boat but since he was in no immediate danger of getting caught I left him there to perhaps reflect on his craftiness on having got so far so quickly. My son was first to direct his first convict onto the boat (you win the game by getting three of your convicts safely on the boat). During the game I commented that in order for the game to be more in touch with its theme that the convicts should not move in such a way as to jeopardize his comrads position, since my wife was playing that way already we decided to continue to help each others convict escape to wreak more havoc on society (hum, maybe not the best message to be sending an impressionable boy) until my son...without wanton regard for his fellow inmates moved and drew the guards attention to my convict...caught in the act...back to your cell you hoodlum. From that point forward the gloves came off and it was a free for all to get the boat...but by this time my son had a clear advantage and got his final convict safely onto the waiting boat and they all silently rowed off under the cover of darkness to freedom and a life of paranoia and seclusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.