Subject: Name that "Car War" game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Hutchison
United States
Unspecified
Maryland
flag msg tools
I need help remembering a board game I used to have...

It was a "Mad Max" kind of game, where each player had three or four cars and a helicopter. The object, of course, was to kill all your opponents cars. I do remember that the board itself was interesting...it was three sections, and as the game played out, the "last" section was continuously moved up to make new road...and anyone left on that last section was lost...

Does anyone remember the name of that game?

Sen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Whoa, oh oh oh,

Thunder Road

(not to be confused with the Springsteen song)

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/804

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen that game described here. Search the geek lists for "car combat" and see if it shows up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Hutchison
United States
Unspecified
Maryland
flag msg tools
that is it!!! Thanks...don't know why I couldn't find it when I searched the DB earlier...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hmmmm this looks like a pretty cool game actually. Kind of has that video game side scrolling feel to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
thoia wrote:
Hmmmm this looks like a pretty cool game actually. Kind of has that video game side scrolling feel to it.

Look that way, but I personally would say it's just not varied enough in the action - roll, move, shoot, do your 1 helicopter ambush per road section, repeat. Though the figures and board are decent enough, I was unsatisfied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.