Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I proposed survive to my girlfriend so she could try out a new game. She chose red I picked purple, I quicly explained the rules to her and off we were. We started out playing quite defensivly, not trying to much to to kill each other. We managed to get half of our pawns onto the safe islands before we even started to flip forest tiles, then I managed to kill one of her 1 point pawn (sheesh). The game was flowing pretty quickly, I had 3 pawns left and she had 2 swimmers ready to hit the shores. So far I was playing unkilled and my (3) swimmers were surrounded by sea monsters. She quickly managed to save her 2 last swimmers having only lost a 1 point pawn, I on the other hand, had 3 swimmers to save for a win. From then on, we seemed to roll whales after whales with the die, sparing me my 3 last pawns which I brought back safely to the islands.
So in the end I won by a mere 1 point, I haven't played a game that played so quickly and peacefully. My girlfriend told me that she didn't understand she had to keep me from reaching safe lands, she thought the game would end when one team would land his last pawn to safety. I'm sorry I didn't explain it better to her in the first place, thats what happens when you played a game too much and forget the basics. We will surely give the game another shot soon, I really love the feel of this game, I used to play a lot as a kid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.