Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After serving some customers, we really wanted to play Vegas Showdown (I am in the process of writing the strategy article), but we didn't have enough players. So we pulled out Dragonland instead.

Players: Alan (me), Alex

In the first game, Alex didn't get enough eggs, while I put out a solid application of my theories, and scored over 80 points for a clear victory.

In the second game, Alex played much better. I didn't really execute my theories well, and let him get too many of the paired colored gems. At several points, I was too stingy with my tokens: I should have more quickly raced towards the gem pairs, but I was walking one volcano at a time to save tokens, and as a result Alex just snatched the pairs right before me. Also, he got control of the King Dragons in the end game. The end result was that I lost 71 to 73.

A light Knizia design which is so well-tuned that it is actually fun and strategic to play. I always say this: a good game is one at which, when I lose, I can see how and why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.