Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each player starts the game with one Tavern card. If you're dealt a Parrot card, can you play it immediately, or do you have to wait for a particular phase?

Today we (unbelieveably) had two players start with a Parrot card, and we ruled that they could play it immediately. Not sure if that was right, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
When you draw a tavern card and it is a parrot, you have to place it aboard or dismiss it immediately. The rules do not specifically mention the start of the game, but there is no reason that this should be treated any different from drawing tavern cards at an island. Yes, it's likely a nice advantage, but several other cards are as well. Although the rules indicate otherwise, you could require that players complete their initial upgrades (rigging) to their ship before drawing their tavern card. This would reduce their ability to take advantage of a lucky parrot at the start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.