Popular Tags: [View All]
Betsy Ross
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do I rate a game? and
How do I look at games by letter? when I click on them nothing shows up, but I know thats how I need to get to a lot of the stuff. Like what games I own, like, rate, etc. I am blonde, but am I just dumb too? Please help me out with this, its making the website less useful and fun for me. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG. You're not dumb...you just haven't spent thousands of hours on the site yet

Browse-->Games-->By Name will give you a listing of games with controls at the top to find games by name alphabetically.

After clicking on a game name, then at the bottom of the game's page is an area where you can rate the game and control it's inclusion into your Collection buckets and a place where you can jot down comments.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Have faith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget there's a search box too at the top of each page.

To see a list of games ranked by highest to lowest rating:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/browser.php?itemtype=game&sortb...
(Browse > Games > By Rank)

To see the most-played games during the whole of last year:
http://boardgamegeek.com/playstats.php3?action=docustomquery...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betsy Ross
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow you guys are great, and fast too. That is exactly the information I was looking for. I guess I just needed to look harder. Thanks guys.

xo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Betsy,
When using the Search, you don't have to type in the whole name of the game. Typing in 'cata' for example will bring up any game that has cata somewhere in the name, including alternate names. Sometimes I think I know how a game is spelt, but its correct name is slightly different. So usually I just type a few letters and pick from the result list.

You used to be able to look at the files as an A-Z list, but that has gone (waaaay to big now). So if you wanted games starting with a B, you won't really be able to do that now (unless someone knows better!).

Fule that I am! From the top menu bar, select Browse, then Games, then By Name. Now you can look at the games A-Z.

Anything in blue is clickable, so if you really like one game (you give TtR a 9), then when you look at that page, click on Alan Moon's name and you'll see all the games he has designed which are on the geek. Similarly, if you like the style of Days Of Wonder's games, click on their name and you'll see what they have published. It's good to have a wonder.

And of course, you can look at someone's profile by clicking on their name and see what games they like. If they have similar tastes to you, you might want to check out their top rated choices.

Cheers,
Jon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave boulton
United Kingdom
etchingham
E. Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been here over a year and I still dont know what I'm doing

I did cause a stir with an early geek list of mine though

Walker Red Eye

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthew.marquand wrote:
Welcome to BGG. You're not dumb...you just haven't spent thousands of hours on the site yet

But not to worry. You will likely reach this goal within 2 months time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betsy Ross
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ha ha ha
I'll be a Geek Pro in no time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peach wrote:
ha ha ha
I'll be a Geek Pro in no time...

Most of us never intend for it to come to that... it just sort of happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.