Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Ikea is currently selling VERY nice bags which can replace your old tired Crown Royal bags! And they're only $2.50 each, for a lined, draw-string, velour bag, perfect for mixing tiles and other things you need to randomly draw. No more wasted minutes flipping over all the Carcasonne tiles and trying to mix them by hand on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I don't know if Ikea is selling them online. I only saw them in the store. Actually I've never even been to the Ikea website--although they must have one. Best bet would be to google ikea.

And, if you don't know what Ikea is, sorry for not explaining, it's a Swedish-originated, mostly home furnishings giant warehouse-type store.

I found the bags in the children's area--they have children's furniture, toys, and decorations there.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Believe these are the bags in question:
http://tinyurl.com/bghng

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
That's them! Thanks RPardoe!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Metz
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shake
great idea, let's pay extra for a bag that doesn't come with liquor in it. Though if you're looking for variety just use an old gym sock. Nothing says class like yellow stains on your chips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, it may not appeal to everyone, (few things do after all) but some of us DO like pretties, so thanks for the heads up! Are the bags big enough to hold all the Carc tiles comfortably? Think maybe they'd hold Ingenious tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gravitt
United States
Northglenn
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Too bad the link says only available in our stores. The Ikea near us in Round Rock will be built sometime in 2006 hopefully. It's under construction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't have an Ikea near us, but for tile bags, I like the ones from Game Surplus

http://tinyurl.com/aj53e

The best thing about them is that they have flat bottoms so the will stand upright.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jgravitt wrote:
Too bad the link says only available in our stores. The Ikea near us in Round Rock will be built sometime in 2006 hopefully. It's under construction.

In the meantime I suggest you keep drinking lots of Crown Royal, so you have a good supply of bags. It's way more fun than shopping and the bag is basically free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.