Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first couple of games of this last night. We haven't read the advanced game rules yet.

After a little confusion over movement around the corners we quickly picked up the simple rules. My opponent seemed not to be considering his moves very hard and so I thought my win was in the bag. I was concentrating hard to make sure I collected at least two of everything. As it turns out, Tony wasn't taking long over his turns because he has a much better memory than me. I was stuggling and kept asking questions like "I can't remember... am I collecting bats?". I lost with a score of 18 to Tony's 76.

In the second game I realised that you need more cards of less different ingredients and I fared much better. I thought my score of 80 was going to get me the win, but Tony scored 121!

What a great game though. I'm itching to play again. It has elements of Lost Cities in it (the "shall I start collecting this set too", "will I get enough to get a positive score etc"). It has a bit of mancala too in the movement around the playing area. And it feels a little like Pairs in the look of the board in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.