Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All seattle fans rejoice! The media can no longer sya that our football team 'hasnt won a playoff game since 1984'. The best part of the win is that they have to shut up and not say that anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tracy
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay!!! Fingers crossed for next week now.

Sincerely,
Most Patient Fan Ever

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in CA, but am a fan of the NFL.

I, for one, am glad to see the Seahawks win. Almost as I am to see the Patriots lose.

Sea Fence!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
As if it matters which NFC team makes it to the Superbowl anymore

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nasty McHaggis
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm pouring all of my points in sarcasm.
badge
Box next to hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
As if it matters which NFC team makes it to the Superbowl anymore

I'm afraid he's right. The NFC teams are simply vying for the right to be served up to the caged beast that is the Steelers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Lambert
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I lived in Seattle, they were lovingly referred to as the "SeaChickens". It's nice to see them finally get somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the Steelers in the playoffs? Oh, we haven't noticed.

Love, Cleveland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The NFC teams are simply vying for the right to be served up to the caged beast that is the Steelers.

Everyone was trying to hand the Colts that game, and they still couldn't win! The refs tried (how could they not call that an interception!?!). The Bus tried (fumbling on the 1-yard line with the game on the line!?!). I was relieved when Pit finally won, as they totally deserved the win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steelers, Schmeelers. We all know the Broncos will be rolling over the Steelers, giving Shanahan another chance to beat a Holmgren-coached team in the Super Bowl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
laugh [size=11]yippee! they did IT! They're "on the way" to their very FIRST "Super Bowl" now! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Firestone IV wrote:
Steelers, Schmeelers. We all know the Broncos will be rolling over the Steelers, giving Shanahan another chance to beat a Holmgren-coached team in the Super Bowl.

Congratulations, Seattle. It's hard not to get excited about the Steelers here in Pittsburgh, despite being a Bills fan, but Seattle's going to be a helluva challenge. I hope it's an incredible game!

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nasty McHaggis
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm pouring all of my points in sarcasm.
badge
Box next to hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really hoping that the Panthers would win, so that I could pull for the Steelers in the Super Bowl without feelings of guilt. Unfortunately, due to some family ties to the area, I find myself a Seahawks sympathizer.

I'm still gonna root for the Steelers, but it would have been more fun to play against a team that I really despise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job with Carolina, but even though I'm a Browns fan, I have to say that I think Pittsburgh has it this year. They're messing with the QB's big time. Hasselback has been around for quite a while, so maybe he wont be as mistake prone as the other have been. Hopefully, it'll at least be a competitive game in two weeks, which is not what we've been getting so far in the playoffs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
6 days until the big game.

Lots of talk about people who arent in the northwest 'not giving any respect' to the seahawks. Its all very silly.

Both teams are extremely good.

I of course, fully expect a seahawks win on sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Steelers always find a way to make these things interesting (exhibit #1 - Colts game), but I have to believe the Seahawks would need some major luck to win this game - the Steelers are simply firing on all cylinders at this point and I don't really think it matters who they play. I also think the Seahawks' offense is too basic and the Steelers will tee off on SA and Matt H. But like I said, the Steelers can always find a way to make things interesting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Greisz
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
The Steelers always find a way to make these things interesting (exhibit #1 - Colts game), but I have to believe the Seahawks would need some major luck to win this game - the Steelers are simply firing on all cylinders at this point and I don't really think it matters who they play. I also think the Seahawks' offense is too basic and the Steelers will tee off on SA and Matt H. But like I said, the Steelers can always find a way to make things interesting!
Hard to believe a team can lead the league in scoring with a "too basic" offense. The Seahawks have won 13 of their last 14 games, with the only loss coming after pulling their starters in a meaningless game. Both teams are firing on all cylinders, it should be a great game. Go Hawks!!!

PS. I've uploaded a couple pics of the Steelers Sneezers, official tissue for the losers of Superbowl XL, http://www.greisz.com/wordpress/v/SteelerSneezers/. Something I've made to take to a superbowl party where Seahawk fans will be in the minority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: boo-hoo seahawks!
what a let down... "bummer daze"... shake
NEXT Year and without the "cheatin", then perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Greisz
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hawks deserved to lose, the Steelers made the plays, the Hawks didn't. The refs being on their side didn't help, but the Hawks didn't make the plays. As Hawk fans we're used to saying this, so I'll say it one more time, wait till next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:

Well, I'm right on two counts - the Steelers contained the Seahawks' offense, and the Steelers, thanks to Ben's horrible goal-line interception, made the game interesting. Thank goodness for Fast Willie, Ike Taylor, and Randel El to bail Ben out!

One for the thumb, baby!
Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
shake yeah the SEAHAWKs 'got' some MAJOR "luck" there, and it was ALL "bad" while they'll just have to:
'' "CHEAT" like a 'Steeler'!''-tm in any future 'displays' eh?
"ONE for der 'bums'!"
laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.