Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nate ben-porat
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
anyone knows good card program that i can download for free?
i want to start working on a big card game which will include few hundred cards (mostly event charecter cards but also ability and massaging cards.) can anyone recommand me on a good program?

thanks a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trenton
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: good cards program
Without going into great detail, use Microsoft Word. You can use the autoshapes tool to draw 9 card sized rectangles per page. Then enter text/pictures and print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Pages (part of iWork).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Trenton wrote:
Without going into great detail, use Microsoft Word. You can use the autoshapes tool to draw 9 card sized rectangles per page. Then enter text/pictures and print.

I do it creating a "table" with 3 rows and 3 columns (size: 85 mm x 60 mm as they can be easily put into protective sleeves for CCGs).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Carr
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I've done in the past is go and buy a packet of the Avery business cards that you can print out on your home printer. Each sheet should give you about twelve cards to a sheet which are then perforated so you can cut them apart easily.

Avery provides free downloads of a template of the sheet that you can use in Word, so all you have to do is open up the template in Word put in your card details and then print it out without any fuss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I make templates on Photoshop (without the different texts) and then, after entering text, save all the different cards and copy them to Publisher.
Then cut them out (which is a pain).
So there we have it, (near) perfection!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Wasserman
United States
Somewhere
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not free: you might try http://www.plaincards.com and the QuickCards program. The download is free, then $12.95 to register the program to activate printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(The Artist formerly known as) Arnest R
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and carry on...
mbmbmbmbmb
freezing chicken wrote:
massaging cards

What are those ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nate ben-porat
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
i'm looking for other program then word but free ninja... anyone have idea?

thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hackel
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
echoota wrote:
One thing I've done in the past is go and buy a packet of the Avery business cards that you can print out on your home printer. Each sheet should give you about twelve cards to a sheet which are then perforated so you can cut them apart easily.

Avery provides free downloads of a template of the sheet that you can use in Word, so all you have to do is open up the template in Word put in your card details and then print it out without any fuss.

I've been doing this, but ran into trouble printing it out. Running the cardstock through my HP Laserjet III damaged the toner cartridge. Now everything I run through the printer comes out with black streaks smeared down it. Let this be a cautionary tale... make sure your printer can handle thicker material!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Weber
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
freezing chicken wrote:
i'm looking for other program then word but free ninja... anyone have idea?

thanks again.

www.openoffice.org

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
irfanview and gimp for windows are pretty useful and free, irfanview being a smaller, faster subset of Gimp, which is basically open source photoshop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.