Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Petty
United States
Lapeer
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I uploaded the rules and graphic of the cards for the Debate Cards Variant. I figured I'd add a little in the way of explanation on the cards.

My friends and I tried hard to enjoy this game. We usually had a lot of fun with it 2/3 of the game. At the end, it always turned into a kingmaker situation. Since all information is open, this is not surprising. So, the first motivation for this deck of cards was to provide an uncertain ending.

Along with that, I also added a number of cards that alter the rules in different ways. Now, before each debate, the top Debate card is revealed and it changes the rules for that debate only.

We've enjoyed the game a lot more since we've been using these. I'm putting them here to see if anyone else enjoys them or if they have more interesting suggestions for cards. At the very least, I hope the variant gives some players an excuse to get a few more plays out of a game they purchased but have given up on.

-Mike Petty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Astyaro
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll sure will give your variant a try it sounds very intresting.
Thanks.
My group also really likes the escence of Senator. The first two rounds are a lot of fun but the third one is very disapointing.

I have posted a new winning condition ,for us this has changed our view of the game and in my opinion has eliminated the king making problem. The player who gets 8 victory points wins the game ( Imediatly!!).
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/72446

But I would also like to get some feed back on other players so if you have tried out my new winning condition please let me know if it worked for your group.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.