Mr. Axle can do all for you.
1. Long Term Strategy Building...
Not really in Republic of Rome.
2. ...with engaging tactical elements. Good interplay betwene tactics and strategy
This is a crisis management game, primarily, so there are plenty of tactical decisions.
2. Economic Engine and/Or Resource Management
3. Action Selection and/or Worker Placement
4. Good length and depth - 90+ mins.
Solo Rome takes 4+ hours to win and considerably less to lose.
5. It CAN be a very good variant of a non-single player game
The solo game is quite a bit different from the regular game.
6. Solid replayability
Rome has tons of replayability.
This game looks interesting, extremely epic and complex. Is it variable enough? Is it elegant as a solo play only?
If one were to buy this for solo play only, is it a good buy? I doubt I would ever get anyone to play this. Maybe, one can always hope.
I would not call RoR elegant, especially the solo game as it can get pretty heavy on arithmetic. I enjoy RoR both as a solo game and as a multi-player game, but they are very different animals.