CO₂» Forums » General

Subject: Replayability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio Nessuno
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in the game, but I've read some reviews where the defects including poor longevity, given of the fact that here there aren't random elements in the game ...

Is it true?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shooock wrote:
I'm interested in the game, but I've read some reviews where the defects including poor longevity, given of the fact that here there aren't random elements in the game ...

Is it true?

I've not played, so I don't know about longevity, but there ARE random elements in the game (regional agenda, fossil fuel power plants, summits, secret goals).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Lee
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there are a lot of small random elements like what summit topics are available, which green plants are preferred by each region, which fossil fuel plants are revealed each decade. The biggest random element affecting each player from game to game are the lobby cards handed to you. Doing things that implements them in your strategy gives nice benefits and these cards will be different each game. Add in the fact that it will take several games to try out proposing the different projects and getting the different rewards, installing projects and getting those rewards, and advancing your expertise up different tracks and getting those rewards.

We haven't saved the world yet so that also adds to our replayability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with Jacob. I would also argue that a big, if not biggest, source of variation is what your opponents are doing. All your tactics are interconnected to what everyone else is doing, or not doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played three games up to now (3 & 4 players), but I had the impression, that the best strategy would be to get as many different power plant types as possible and claim UN cards. This should not harm you in any other company goals (region control, spreading over different regions etc.). Has anybody won with focusing only on two (or max. three) power plant types and won the game against someone who had up to four types? This is still a complex goal and your company goal also gives a different flavor to this "main" strategy (as region control or CEP market manipulation does). But still, all the games I played felt rather similar. Therefore, I would say that CO2 has some replayability, but it does not really excell in this category.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shooock wrote:

Is it true?

I'd question whether those reviewers played the same game as the rest of us. I set up the game today and had to shuffle four decks of cards and three types of counters, to be dealt or placed randomly. It certainly had quite a random setup for someone to claim there aren't random elements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.