Mike Petty
United States
Lapeer
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Gamers: Paul, Jack, Russ and myself

Paul and Russ were partners. No one knew the game but me. I had previously told Paul this was my favorite game of 2005. He traded to get his own copy. I was hoping this session would go over well.

It got off to a terrible start. Paul knows trick-taking games, so he was ready to go in no time. Russ and Jack knew euchre and that was it. To them, the basic rules of a 13-card trick-taking game were making their heads spin. The bidding and first hand took forever. I was really thinking I shouldn't have brought this out. They agreed to a second hand though.

By the end of that hand, competition set it. It was still slow going, but we were enjoying it. Unfortunately Jack and I were doing horrible. We had one good hand out of four, and those other three were disasterous. I won't even post the scores!

My feelings at the end are the same as before. I enjoy this game a lot. Each decision is a fun challenge.

Paul liked the game a lot and looks forward to trying it with his family (a relief to me!).

Russ and Jack had fun, but I'm sure they have a huge list of games they'd rather play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.