Mike Petty
United States
Lapeer
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Players: Greg, Paul, Al and myself

Man, this game is fast. It's too fast to really involve much deduction. I think the game took four rounds. It's easy to get shut out of a round by accidentally going to a place too many people go to. It's also very easy to pass someone a card that they will immediatly recongize as "false", thereby making it obvious the other is "true".

All in all, our game took about 15 minutes and the information I gained came in huge bursts. Paul and I determined we were partners by round three. In round four we met up and I gave out the code. Greg and Paul had some information. Paul even knew I was his partner. Al, however, wasn't involved in many exchanges by this time, so he knew practically nothing.

Being so short, you'd think we'd all be quick to play again. That wasn't the case though. It's just cumbersome enough that it wasn't terribly fun. The logic was as obvious as you'd expect after reading the rules, so there wasn't much to discover. I'll play this from time to time as a filler.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you accidently go to a place where 2 others went? The locations are picked sequentially, so it's your own fault for going somewhere that two people already picked (note that in this case, the worst than can happen is that an odd man out meets with the ambassador, which isn't even too likely, so it's not that problematic). Most of our rounds involve two pairs of agents meeting each other, but depending on where the ambassador has already been, some people will try to go somewhere alone to find him.

As for giving away something away... There are strategies to get around that. For example, suppose you are Fiddlebottom. Show the first person you meet Colonel Bubble and your true number. The only way you've revealed anything is if the person you met is Bubble, in which case you WANT to give him information, he's your partner.

Of course, if you do this every time players may catch on, you have to mix it up.

Another thing I like to do is show everyone Bubble and Fiddlebottom (or X and Zsa Zsa) they automatically know which team I'm on, which is extremely useful if I happened to meet my partner, and not all that bad if I met an opponent (as they still don't know WHICH of the two I am).

Once you've deduced SOMETHING about another player, you know that card is safe to show someone else, they probably won't know that it's false.

If you feel that there is too much "luck" because you showed someone a pair of cards and they immediately knew which was true, it's probably because you aren't picking your cards wisely.

Unfortunately, getting better at the game only means it will be over SOONER rather than later. The game is very fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.