Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two rule questions:

The translation posted here under Setup reads:

Each of the 3 to 5 players now chooses a pub and takes 3 installation-cards and action-cards from the face-down piles.

It seems that a player also draws 3 action-cards.

Further below it reads:

Each player has always two action-cards placed before them. The player whose turn it is must play one of their two action-cards.

My first question is: how many action cards a player has in his hand during the game? 2 or 3? Which is correct?

My second question: A customer-movement card indicates that 4 customers move from one installation to another.

The number of customers moved must be exactly 4 in this case (the exact number indicated on the card) or you may move up to 4 (meaning that you may play this card on an installation with fewer customers)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
GeoMan wrote:
Each of the 3 to 5 players now chooses a pub and takes 3 installation-cards and action-cards from the face-down piles.

Translation is missing the numeral "2" in front of action-cards. Original German rules state:

....3 Einrichtungskärtchen und 2 Aktionskarten von den verdeckten Stapeln.

Seems pretty clear to me, even with my practically non-existent German skills.

GeoMan wrote:
My second question: A customer-movement card indicates that 4 customers move from one installation to another.

The number of customers moved must be exactly 4 in this case (the exact number indicated on the card) or you may move up to 4 (meaning that you may play this card on an installation with fewer customers)?

Example text uses the card indicated (w/ 4 pawns) to move 3 pawns. So the card is useful for 1, 2, 3, or 4 customers (if it depicts 4 pawns).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:

The translation posted here under Setup reads:

It seems that a player also draws 3 action-cards.

Further below it reads:

Each player has always two action-cards placed before them. The player whose turn it is must play one of their two action-cards.

My first question is: how many action cards a player has in his hand during the game? 2 or 3? Which is correct?

The German rules state 3 Einrichtungska"rtchen und 2 Aktionskarten, which is consistent with the translation's comments that players will always have two action cards in front of themselves.

GeoMan wrote:

The rules state Alle Ga"ste (1, 2, 3, oder 4) von einen ... for both coming and going cards. All cards show either two or four guests. The `X > ?' cards show a number of customers equal to the capacity of the `X' tile. The `>>> X' cards all show four customers. I think that it is clear that these cards mean `up to'.

Both of these problems totally stymied my rules explanation the second time that I played the game. The first time I had worked all this out for myself and made a good explanation. We then played two games in a row (taking about an hour in total) with much enjoyment. Unfortunately, I forgot the details by the time I next brought the game to the table and figuring them out mid-explanation was a real problem. (We did manage to play correctly, it just slowed the explanation.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.