Subject: Shelob defeats and she is returned to Gondor... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yasutaka Hirasawa
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
What if Gondor is occupied by Good character(s)? Rule mentions that if there are already two other dark characters in Gondor, Shelob is defeated. But if Gondor is occupied by Good character(s), is Shelob defeated immediately after she is returned to Gondor or will she attack the Good character(s) in Gondor after she is returned to Gondor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I forget if it is FFG's ruling or Knizia's (I think the latter) but Shelob is immediately defeated in such a circumstance.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc magner
United States
webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matthew

Knizia ruled that shelob is defeated. I also think that the german rules declare that she is defeated. FFG had ruled that she combats
the 1st good character, but they may have retracted that.

Marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always play Shelob is defeated if her return to Gondor would be an illegal placement. Very nasty.

As a side-issue, I also play that Shelob only returns to Gondor if she actually kills something, not it she 'wins' a battle because Light retreats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc magner
United States
webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:

As a side-issue, I also play that Shelob only returns to Gondor if she actually kills something, not it she 'wins' a battle because Light retreats.

That is the rule, since defeats is defined as 'the removing of a character'. So, you are playing correctly, or at least the way Knizia has defined as correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Bonnet
France
RUEIL-MALMAISON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
easterly1 wrote:
Knizia ruled that shelob is defeated.

Can someone provide a link to that "Shelob is defeated" rule (preferably by Knizia himself sauron )? All I could find was the "Shelob combats" rule.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
ZunTzu wrote:
easterly1 wrote:
Knizia ruled that shelob is defeated.

Can someone provide a link to that "Shelob is defeated" rule (preferably by Knizia himself sauron )? All I could find was the "Shelob combats" rule.

Thanks.

http://files.boardgamegeek.com/viewfile.php3?fileid=2820

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawid Kozioł
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
And what if there is a draw, so when Shelob defeats an opponent but is also defeated. Is it returned to Gondor or out of play? I'd play that it's out but I'm not sure about this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only be defeated if you are elimianted: so if Shelob was defeated she would be dead and unable to go back to Gondor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.