Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for the bonus condition for red 1/7 cards states:

"If you used one or more cards that are either numbered "1" or "7" or are an Item card in your opened sets and any sets in hand, gain 2 points."

Does this mean that each of your sets (in hand and opened) has to either have at least one 1 or 7, or consist of items?

Or, alternatively, does it mean that any of your sets can have a 1, 7, or item (without requiring that each of the sets have one)?

I assume that the former interpretation is correct, but we had one player who insisted on using the second interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say former. That's a common bonus score in Mahjong, using terminals (ones and nines in Mahjong) in evey combination. If you need only one one or seven, it's way too easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jordan
United Kingdom
Westbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re-reading the rules for this game again and attempting to figure it out.

I'd agree with the former too, since the later does not make sense, even though that seems to be what the wording of the rule implies. If you had to have a just one 1/7/item in any set you'd meet that by simply having the card and the item part of the rule would not be important.

So..

All sets (big and small) in play and goal hand must each have a 1 or 7 or item within.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.