United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've offhandedly mentioned a couple of times here before but now that I have my new podcast up and running, here is the official announcement:

Answering the call of the Uberpodcaster of Gaming, Boardgames To Go's Mark Johnson, I've launched a podcast about board games for you to download and...uh...hopefully enjoy! A handful of shows are now available at: www.boardgamebabylon.com.

The show is currently a mix of what I call audio 'Session Reviews' ( meaning that I talk about a particular session and go into mechanics a bit) and some themed shows. There is currently a show about the No Risk Math Trades that have become so popular here on Boardgamegeek and I have plans to do a number of other themed shows with some additional voices in the days ahead.

So, give it a listen on your commute and feel free to send any questions, comments, complaints to: sheylon@gmail.com. Your feedback is much appreciated and will help me figure out a good format for the show - other than simply lifting Mark Johnson's

...Sheylon

www:.:boardgamebabylon:.:com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good on ya, looking forward to it. You planning to add it to iTunes? It makes it much easier for me to keep up on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually submitting it to iTunes as I type. We'll see how long it takes to actually show up, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Listening to show #1. Nice job, Erik (sp?). You are amazingly fluid and clear for speaking while you drive. Do you have notes? The background "wind" is mildly annoying. Are the frequencies distinct enough to filter them out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
Listening to show #1. Nice job, Erik (sp?). You are amazingly fluid and clear for speaking while you drive. Do you have notes? The background "wind" is mildly annoying. Are the frequencies distinct enough to filter them out?

Thanks for the comments. Show #1 is the really rough one and frankly, I might start doing more shows from home instead of the car. When in the car, I speak completely off-the-cuff and I think my shows from home (where I do use notes) are better (my favorite is show #4).

I'm looking into cutting the noise down, possibly by using some background music from the folks who gave me my theme music.

And it's Eric - LOL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can add this and any syndicated podcast to iTunes manually.

In iTunes select Advanced

then select Subscribe to Podcast

For this podcast enter the following address: http://boardgamebabylon.libsyn.com/rss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.