British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terence: 69
Dan: 67
Marisue: 55
Esther: 44

After the harrowing battle of the Old West, we decided to finish up the evening with something light. King's Breakfast was selected as the game of choice.

This is a rather recent addition to our game collection, since you need at least three to play. Nevertheless, we have enjoyed the game since the very first time it was showed to us by Buck, the owner of our favorite FLGS, Craving for a Game.

And so the battle was on. We played by "Buck Rules", in which the cards you have taken are laid out in front of you instead of held in hand.

Most of the Emerald cards clumped up in the deck, with three of them coming up in a single serving. For the most part, Emerald was used to eat all of the King's bread, as Marisue was the only one to have any bread at the time. Eventually there wasn't any more bread to eat, which was good. Wouldn't want Emerald to get a stomach ache eating just bread.

There was also some minor deviousness by Esther, using Emerald to eat all of the King's Chicken (makes a better sandwich than Cheese, I would say) so that everyone but her would lose out.

In the end I managed to barely squeak out a win against Dan. I'd like to attribute this to my very clever King's Breakfast playing skills, but I'm not entirely sure that I have any.

Nevertheless, a win is a win!

What better time to end a game night than on a 2 game winning streak? Midnight would be my answer. As it turned out, it was both by this time, and so after some brief discussion about Torres and how cool it is, we headed for home, to write up the chronicals of our heroic victories and embarrasing defeat at the hands of the Casterman clan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.