Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bigmike
United States
Snellville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off let me say Mr Breese and Mr Bleasdale this is a brilliant game. The more layers I peel back the more I find underneath. For those of you who play with workers and skill tiles reveled you are missing a great aspect of the game, bluffing and second guessing you opponents. Sure you could keep a somewhat accurate tally based on the boats chosen but cards like the brewer and tavern have been used in the games I have played to mitigate that. I know expansions are not your thing but I think if you put a 3 card tile with autumn boats on BBG for 5 bucks you would have my money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
I second this emotion. Love meaty games that are this fun and interactive. Finally got my first play in, and was blown away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Breese
United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigmike0817 wrote:
I know expansions are not your thing but ...
Glad you enjoyed the game. If all goes to plan there will be a mini expansion at UK Expo and a full expansion at Essen in October, as previewed at Stategicon in February.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bigmike
United States
Snellville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is great news!! I got the game in the mail 3 days ago and already have 8 plays in. October can't come soon enough!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry O\'Neill
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An expansion at the expo? great stuff! I've played the game 3 times and I've got a real itch to get it to the table again. Also it tends to go down a storm wherever I've taken it. I'm excited to hear about the upcoming expansions. And BTW, 8 plays in three days - wow, how's that done?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls