10 Posts

World of Warcraft: The Boardgame» Forums » General

Subject: Has anyone else ever reached level 5? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played four four player games so far and the closest anyone in my gaming group has made to level five is roughly three XP away. Has anyone else made it to level five?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Reached level 5...and lost the game because the other team found Lord Kazzak before I did.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reached level 5 and level 4 in a 2 player game pretty easily.

As long as you don't 'die' in combat too many time, it should be fine. I've found that fighting together might be a good idea. Both level up together and when you're confident of one character going by him/herself, do it.

But you really need one character to be a level 5 before you take on the big bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Forsythe
United States
Strafford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
My daughter playing opposite me got to level 5 right before the game ended, getting ready for PvP. But my nephew and I knew were Kazaak was, and we were level 4, so we attacked on our last turn. My nephew would have gotten to level 5 if he hadn't attacked. This was only our second time playing the game (nephew's first).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M B
Netherlands
flag msg tools
About 4 out of 5 times so far. The other time my faction felt we could safely take out the boss at lvl 4. Just do a good mix of solo and grouped xp and it isn't too hard. Btw, only one time of the 4 we had to do PVP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Murray
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran into this the first couple times we played and then realized we were being a little shy when it came time to draw a new quest. We'd usually opt for greens until someone was level 3 at least. I started drawing yellows and then reds earlier and that boosts the xp a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Studio City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The paladin in my game hit level 5 on turn 18. Did a town action on turn 2, a training action on turn 4 and didn't stop until he hit 5.

Nerf paladins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Bekkering
Netherlands
Veldhoven
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
guyincorporated wrote:
The paladin in my game hit level 5 on turn 18. Did a town action on turn 2, a training action on turn 4 and didn't stop until he hit 5.

Nerf paladins.

What the hell, that's SICK, dude!! wow

I'm gonna roll a Loladin real quick! ninja

- Remus -

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Bond
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and a friend played a game last night. We each teamed-up and played one character each. I hit lvl 5 (necromancer) on turn 27, while he was at lvl 4 (warrior) with 1 xp needed to advance. We were fighting Kel'Thuzad. On turn 28, we attacked him. We probably would've killed him, but my friend ended his first round roll with three 1's and two 2's. Due to Kel'Thuzads' skill, that pretty much did us in before we could do anything to him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.