Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B K
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are apparently two different printings of industrial waste with slightly different rulings. One says that after an 'Accident' card comes up that everything is reshuffled and the deck is started anew. The other version does not mention a reshuffling of the cards.

Does anyone have any comment on this plurality of rules? Does anyone know which ruling came is the now accepted ruling?

-- mrTortoise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
mbmbmbmbmb
We always reshuffle - didn't know there was another way to play it. I have the German edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bkleinwort wrote:
There are apparently two different printings of industrial waste with slightly different rulings. One says that after an 'Accident' card comes up that everything is reshuffled and the deck is started anew. The other version does not mention a reshuffling of the cards.

Does anyone have any comment on this plurality of rules? Does anyone know which ruling came is the now accepted ruling?

-- mrTortoise

Since there's only one Accident card, if you don't reshuffle all players will be safe from accidents for as long as the card deck isn't exhausted.

We always reshuffle when an accident card is drawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Fall
Sweden
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After our session yesterday I´m thinking of a middle road here: After the accident is resolved, reshuffle all cards except the accident card. Lay out new sets of cards, and then shuffle the accident card back into the deck.

In our recent game we had one player being hit by accidents three times in a row without being able to respond: Lay out sets - accident: pay 10, back two steps. Reshuffle. Lay out sets - accident: pay 10, back two steps. Reshuffle. Lay out sets - accident: pay 10, back two steps. Reshuffle. Lay out sets - pick a set and try to recover. That was a bit too much I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattias Persson wrote:
In our recent game we had one player being hit by accidents three times in a row without being able to respond: Lay out sets - accident: pay 10, back two steps. Reshuffle. Lay out sets - accident: pay 10, back two steps. Reshuffle. Lay out sets - accident: pay 10, back two steps. Reshuffle. Lay out sets - pick a set and try to recover. That was a bit too much I think.

I'm not sure what set of rules you have Mattias, but reading from the Rio Grande English rules, they state that after the accident is resolved the dealer continues laying out the combinations. It does not say reshuffle.

Then at the end of the turn, when the start player changes, the deck is reshuffled if there has been an accident that turn. So it is possible for there to be an accident once every turn, but not more than once.

One unclear point is where the deck is exhasuted while dealing out combinations. The rules say that the discard pile is reshuffled and dealing continues. We add that if an accident has already occured that turn it is not shuffled back in at that point. The whole deck is then reshuffled at the end of the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Fall
Sweden
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, you mean _that_ rule Sloppy rules-reading on my part. Forget what I said blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.