Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: How the heck does YNNEN do it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Tepper
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How in the world does Jason Little do it?

I mean, I've been around the Geek for a while, and I find myself wondering..."How can we come up with new and interesting Geeklists? Ones that aren't just duplicates or variations of ones that have already been made.

I think of this as similar to the music or the literary industries. There have been, what, hundreds of thousands, if not millions of songs and books written, so you think that the odds are against someone coming up with something that is new, unique, and GOOD. But it does happen. Usually to the very few who are really gifted.

Well, Jason is like the Stephen King of Geeklists. How he can keep coming up with interesting, engaging and UNIQUE Geeklists is an awe-inspiring mystery to me.

I know that Derk and Aldie have bandied about giving awards to games, but I hereby nominate Ynnen for the first ever "Boardgamegeek's Choice Award" ® in the category of Geeklist Creation.

Either that, or he should be inducted into the BGG Hall of Fame (once it's created, of course).

I think that the amount of work that Jason has done has brought so knowledge and entertainment to us, that he deserves to be recognized.

Thanks, Ynnen!

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed! He and his geeklists have become an irreplaceable part of the community. Keep up the good work!

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.