United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering how many Geeks out there would like having the option to mark a game as "Not Played Yet"/"To Be Played" for games in our collections.

What would be the point? Well I personally have a generous list of unplayed games, and I have no way to sort them from the rest of my collection. Having this extra filter added would allow us to generate a list of unplayed games in our collections, and thereby give us a snapshot of what we need to catch up on (at least me). Since the Geek is so printer friendly, one could print said list, and use it as a checklist.

This could go beyond games never played; it could even extend into the ability to generate lists of games "To be played for this Day/Week/Month/Year" as a function on BGG.

Just a thought. It might even get some long neglected games off the shelf back onto the table. It also might drive people to reevaluate ratings on games, add new content in the form of forum discussions, new types of Geeklists, and more.

I think it could add alot of possibilities, and could be a wellspring of ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am doing exactly that with a games database i use for my collection. I have a menu next to each game record with the choices: Not Played, Played 1-2 times, Played many times.

I can easily do a search for unplayed games. So i discovered that New England (burried at the bottom of a closet) is still unplayed blush (among others)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Okasaki
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you rate games when you play them, then "unplayed" is the same as "unrated", and it is already easy to show your owned but unrated games. There are some who feel you shouldn't rate a game after only one play, but most seem to feel this is ok, especially if you identify in the comment that your rating is based on one play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Game group needed...
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that would be a great feature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that if this were included, it could also be made queriable, allowing people to reference their geekbuddies unplayed games/games that need to be played. You could also qeury the whole database for the same.

It's a whole other level of depth for the geek. We have games played...why not have games unplayed/need to be played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.