Popular Tags: [View All]
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Say there's only one sheep left, and the dice roll gives one sheep to each of white and blue? Who gets it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno if there is an official rule on this, but we would play it that whoever rolled the dice or is closest on the left of the person who rolled the dice would get it.

Or you could just go for the Total Chaos Variant and say whoever grabs it first

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is, in fact, in the rules that the person who rolled the dice gets his/her resources first, then the person closest on his left, until there are no more resources.

-ZZ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Hedfors
Sweden
Sollentuna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The person who rolled the dice is the first to take resources as it is his turn and then the person to his left and so on. So when it is your turn to take resources and their is none left you do not get any angry

This is in the rules. I do not have them here so I can tell you were it is printed so you have to trust me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the rules handy, but somewhere (rules? FAQ? german forum?) it was stated that if there aren't enough ressource cards of a type for everyone, no one gets any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheunce wrote:
The person who rolled the dice is the first to take resources as it is his turn and then the person to his left and so on. So when it is your turn to take resources and their is none left you do not get any angry

This is in the rules. I do not have them here so I can tell you were it is printed so you have to trust me

I trust you, but if anyone can direct me to the actual rules passage, I'd appreciate it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve martin
Canada
flag msg tools
The first answer in the university of catan faq answers this question:

"If there are not enough resource cards left in the bank to pay all of the players all of the resources that they are due, then no player gets any resources. "

See: http://www.universityofcatan.com/faq/faqq48302.html

Note: We had an interesting situation where there was only 2 ore left
in the bank and one player had 2 cities on a 10-ore-hex. No one else
had ore production on 10. When the 10 was rolled, he would normally
have been entitled to 4 ore, but because there was only 2 in the bank, he received 0. Essentially, because of his "overproduction" in ore,
he blocked himself from getting the 2 remaining ore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Man. Talk about obeying the letter of the rule and ignoring the spirit. I would have suggested letting that player get his or her ore...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nerman8r wrote:
Man. Talk about obeying the letter of the rule and ignoring the spirit. I would have suggested letting that player get his or her ore...

they can certainly do that. Not everyone has to follow the official rules. Sometimes it's better to tweak them to accomodate more players, more players easily, or to speed things up as per one's house rules/variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
nerman8r wrote:

they can certainly do that. Not everyone has to follow the official rules. Sometimes it's better to tweak them to accomodate more players, more players easily, or to speed things up as per one's house rules/variants.

But the original poster asked for official ruling, so answering with house rules is not very helpful!

BTW: Congratulations for being the best BoardGameArcheologist as you found this thread after nearly two years. Yeah! :lol:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In that case, then yeah, the official rules do state that if there aren't enough resources to go around for everyone after a roll of the dice, then no1 gets anything that turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.