Popular Tags: [View All]
Kieron Mitchell
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
Http:\\www.kieronmitchell.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Do allied characters have to be in the vault to get cards out of it/put cards in it, or can they do this from anywhere on the map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Whittenhall
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless I'm totally mistaken, I'm pretty certain your characters have to be in the vault to take cards out of it. Which makes it kind of a pain to use the vault. Not to mention you can only take half the cards (round up) that are there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they have to be on the vault space in the base to take the cards.

I usually like it when my opponent goes for his vault, because he is wasting precious time away from more important matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slyvanian Frog
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sky Knight X wrote:
Yes, they have to be on the vault space in the base to take the cards.

I usually like it when my opponent goes for his vault, because he is wasting precious time away from more important matters.

Ditto. The vault mechanic isn't exactly the greatest. When you think about it, getting cards out of the vault isn't really a huge waste of time (as you are adding to character strength, etc.). It's getting cards in the vault that is the waste of time. You are basically having a character make a run that is likely a full couple of turns out of the way simply to drop off cards and take no benefit. You then have to have another character go a couple of turns out of his way to pick them up.

All for something that can be raided by the other player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Brooks
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Some are born to move the world To live their fantasies But most of us just dream about The things we'd like to be Sadder still to watch it die Than never to have known it For you, the blind who once could see The bell tolls for thee...
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the vault because the items in the vault are known to the team. It's still random equipment, but at least you get to decide if it is worth the effort to go get them.

Plus, if you want to "speed up" the game, you can fairly easily make a house rule to put more items in the vault at the beginning of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieron Mitchell
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
Http:\\www.kieronmitchell.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.