Popular Tags: [View All]
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to find a good link to download blank M44 scenario maps so I can draw my own battles. I wish I had the extra $20 to give to Days of Wonder so I could use their system but my kid has to eat.

Thanks ahead of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Oates
United Kingdom
Leeds, West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Try this - http://home.scarlet.be/~bk313155

I'm not sure if the maps are printable or not, but the link is listed somewhere in DoW's M44 forum if you want more details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil,

Thanks but is probably more then I need and I don't think I get a simple and blank sheet out of that.

Does anyone know where you can?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemme get this straight...you're asking for people to help you homebrew a copy of this eaily available, in-print game?

You do understand that not only does everyone here enjoy games, many BGG users earn a living designing, publishing, distributing, and/or selling games, right? I don't think you'll have much success asking any group of people to to forfeit their paychecks so you can save a couple bucks on entertainment.

Seriously. If you want to play the game, I think Richard Borg and DoW deserve the support. If everybody just used homebrew copies of games, there would be no new games (other than public domain games), no game stores, no game companies, no game industry, no BGG, no nothing.

Just get yourself a piggy bank, and throw a few coins in it every day if you have to. Rather than stopping by Starbucks on your way to work in the morning, put the $5 towards gaming. Have a glass of water rather than a can of Coke, and put the $.50 in your piggy bank. Talk with your kids about saving their allowance to buy games they enjoy...that way they learn some basic economics AND get their own games. Whatever. But if you enjoy the games, support the people making them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, before you get all high and mighty, maybe you should look at his "Owned" game list. It clearly states that he already owns the game.

What he is asking for is blank SCENARIO sheets, so that he can make his own situations on paper (rather than using the scenario editor). I do not see anything wrong with this.

Quote:
Lemme get this straight...you're asking for people to help you homebrew a copy of this eaily available, in-print game?

You do understand that not only does everyone here enjoy games, many BGG users earn a living designing, publishing, distributing, and/or selling games, right? I don't think you'll have much success asking any group of people to to forfeit their paychecks so you can save a couple bucks on entertainment.

Seriously. If you want to play the game, I think Richard Borg and DoW deserve the support. If everybody just used homebrew copies of games, there would be no new games (other than public domain games), no game stores, no game companies, no game industry, no BGG, no nothing.

Just get yourself a piggy bank, and throw a few coins in it every day if you have to. Rather than stopping by Starbucks on your way to work in the morning, put the $5 towards gaming. Have a glass of water rather than a can of Coke, and put the $.50 in your piggy bank. Talk with your kids about saving their allowance to buy games they enjoy...that way they learn some basic economics AND get their own games. Whatever. But if you enjoy the games, support the people making them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I misunderstood. I apologize... blush

He just wants some hex-paper to record his own scenarios? If that's all, would something like http://www.incompetech.com/beta/hexagonalGraphPaper/hex.html work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom,

Thanks for saving my Blood Pressure a sharp rise by having to respond.

Yes Jon,

I do own the game along with several other Richard Borg and DoW games. In fact I purchased four other copies of Battle Cry as gifts to get people involved in the gaming world and at one point in life my pay-check came from Wizards of the Coast. I just wanted a blank map template so I can play around with a few ideas and if they work, submit them to the M44 site.

No hard feelings, apology accepted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I guess I misunderstood. I apologize...

Oh yeah, and sorry if I got a bit snarky there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No hard feelings all around. Game on! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.