Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mb
Session Report for February 12, 2000 (by Dave Bernazzani)
Roll Call: Eddie, Carol, Jenn, Dave

Session Length: 5 hours (Billabong, 2.5 hrs, Acquire 2.5 hrs)
Session Details: A great session today with two reasonably lengthy games. Billabong has been on my want-to-play list for some time. And if you can believe it, none of us had previously played the classic Acquire. We figured we better try the Avalon Hill version before the new version is out in stores ;)

Billabong Session Details: We started with Billabong and I have been eagerly awaiting this hitting the table. Billabong is a bit of a puzzle-type game - each player is trying to maximize their jumps to move their Kangaroos to the finish line. Each player has 4 Kangaroos which must race around a board consists of many squares laid out around a watering hole. The first player to move all their Kangaroos around the water hole to the finish-line is the winner. A player can move one space for free - or can move any larger distances by jumping other Kangaroos on the board. Once jumped, the player may make another immediate jump and so can make a series of interconnected jumps to improve board position. Often a player will seem to be far behind only to see them perform a miraculous series of jumps to vault them in front. Great stuff! We all worked hard to get our pieces around the board, but Jenn just kept up a bit better than the rest and finished just ahead of the rest of the pack.

Final Scores: Jenn=4 (Winner), Dave=1, Carol=1, Ed=2
Ratings(1-10): Jenn=7.5, Dave=7, Carol=8, Ed=8
Comments: The only reason I did not rate this higher was the play-length. It was a bit long between turns, but overall a very enjoyable game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.