Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, All! Recently picked up a copy of Fantasy Flight's War of the Ring and it looks SWEEEET indeed! I'm getting the rules together, downloading player aids from BGG, and I even have a few other folks interested enough to give it a shot!

I believe I saw here on BGG that there was a Gollum figure produced for the game. I'm thinking it was a promo item in a magazine. Can anyone provide me with more info.? Naturally, I'd like to actually HAVE one!!! Failing THAT, is there an existing figure I could use to substitute for him?

Thanks much!

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Acosta
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont know much about War of the Ring, but Im sure Games Workshop has a Gollum mini available for their LOTR game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was originally available in a game magazine (I don't remember which one) and at a con. It was also available for a while as a "free with any other order" from Fantasy Flight's online store. That's where I got mine. I don't see it there anymore but you might still email them and ask.

arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Rosewater
Switzerland
Z├╝rich
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan, you actually don't need a Gollum Figure to play War of the Ring.
But that Gollum you are asking was part of the German Spielbox (Boardgame magazine), I don't know which 2005 issue exactly. This magazines comes out every two months.
Therefore it will be German/Austrian/Swiss Geeksters which will have some Gollum figures, because of buying "Spielbox". Some of them did sell their Gollum on ebay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
One just went for 31 GG in auction:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekauction.php3?action=viewauc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can order the Spielbox magazine with the Gollum figure here:

http://www.milan-spiele.de/product_info.php/products_id/5147

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a spare one, thanks to FFG. Send me a GeekMail w/ your mailing address, and I'll get it out to you, free of charge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan,

The Gollum figure for War of the Ring was produced by Spielbox magazine, which can be found online at http://www.spielbox.de/

To order any of their expansions, all you have to do is send an e-mail to barbara@nostheide.de asking to purchase expansions (you can pay using PayPal). They cost about 5 Euro each (and come with the magazine, in case you know German), and shipping depends on how many you order, but isn't too bad.

Spielbox also sells mini-expansions for Shadows over Camelot, Ticket to Ride, Carcassonne, Settlers of Catan, and St. Petersburg. I recently ordered three of them, and they came pretty quickly, and Barbara was very nice and helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the king
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
can someone tell me where the player aids for wotr are on bgg?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm new and certainly no expert (!), but I know what I'VE done!!! Do a "search" from the home page for War of the Ring, then scroll down the screen. You'll find an extensive list of player aids to download.
While I'm on THAT subject, many thanks to those of you who have posted these!!! I know they'll be a big help when we make our first attempt at playing the game and wading through the rules (and all those exceptions!!!)

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.