Popular Tags: Border [+] [View All]
Wes Makin
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to clarify - the unit limit is for each player for the GAME TURN. So, if one moves two blocks across a red border, and there are no legal retreats out of the (resulting) combat space, the two moving units will noit be able to retreat (during combat or after three combat rounds.)

That would seem to be the point of the rulebooks emphasis on "Game Turn." Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, see 5.5 in the version 2.3 rules. ("Border limits for retreat apply to each Combat Round and for the attacker's mandatory retreat after 3 rounds.") I think that means you can retreat two guys per combat round across a red border.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ersatz Ursatz
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer has clarified this point on consimworld. Border limits are applied separately to attacking and retreating, so two units may attack over one border, then retreat over the same border later in the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Remember that "Retreat" and "Regroup" is not "Movement." I think the reason for the emphasis on "Game Turn" is to make it clear that the limit isn't per move--so that, if you play a "2" card, and your first group move sends two blocks across a red border, you know your second move can't send anyone else across that border.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Makin
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
No, see 5.5 in the version 2.3 rules. ("Border limits for retreat apply to each Combat Round and for the attacker's mandatory retreat after 3 rounds.") I think that means you can retreat two guys per combat round across a red border.

So, during the course of a combat, EIGHT units could cross a red border? That seems excessive, given that only two could cross during the 'movement phase.'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the play of 5 cards represents a YEAR...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wes Makin wrote:
That seems excessive, given that only two could cross during the 'movement phase.'

Well at that point they're "highly motivated," ha ha ha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.