Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Antiquity [+] [View All]
Eivind Olsen
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have now just gone through the contents of my copy of Antiquity (according to http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/64480), and some of the numbers seem a bit strange. I have compared to the number of items mentioned on the cover of the game:

16 fountains (cover says 12, manual says 16)
13 fishermen (is this fisheries? cover sas 8, manual says 12)
16 landscape maps (cover says 12, manual says 16)
13 city maps (cover and manual says 12)
472 pollution counters (cover says 406)
60 wood/dye/olives/wine/pearls/sheep/stone/grain (cover says 44, manual says 48)
68 inns (cover and manual says 64)
53 gold (cover says 44, manual says 48)
52 fish (cover says 44, manual says 48)
174 grass (cover says 160)

I also have 22 of each of the coloured cubes. The cover says 21, but also mentions "4 order" - are those order-things cubes, giving my total of 22 of each?

Now, the cover mentions 16 explorer markers and 20 cathedral markers, but I'm not sure what they should look like. When doing the inventory check, I'm now left with 20 counters with a drawing of a rider on one side, and one of 4 images (grain, sheep, wine, olive) on the other side. Are these the 16 explorer markers, or the 20 cathedral markers? And what should the other one look like, the one I don't have?

Regards
Eivind Olsen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Taraba
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'm now left with 20 counters with a drawing of a rider on one side, and one of 4 images (grain, sheep, wine, olive) on the other side.

Those are exploration markers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eivind Olsen
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so I have enough (20, should be 16?) exploration markers. What does the cathedral markers look like? Should I have 20 of those, or is that a misprint on the box cover (I don't seem to have any of these...)?

Regards
Eivind Olsen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I believe there are no cathedral markers. The 'contents' on the box artwork should be treated with caution (the rules 'contents' is more accurate).

My guess: at some point in the design, each player had "cathedral counters" to indicate to which of the five saints their cathedral had been dedicated - this changed before release to simply placing a cube in a 'patron saint chart'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eivind Olsen
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks. Then it looks like my copy of the game actually is complete (and then some...I seem to have some extra stuff even).

It would have helped if the game actually had a list of the contents that could be relied upon - the one on the box cover doesn't seem 100% correct then, and the one in the manual is too basic (it doesn't go into detail about the number of different markers/counters for a lot of stuff).

Regards
Eivind Olsen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The list in the maunal is correct.

And to be honest, the exact number of grass/pollution markers doesn't matter that much - there should be enough .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.