J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought P.R. from a seller here on BGG.
It is in excellent condition.
However, when I was doing the count of all pieces, I do have 50 goods, but they do not match the instruction manual.

Manual says: 11 Indigo - I have 12.
Manual says: 9 coffee - I have 8.

So the sum is correct, the appropriation appears incorrect.

Does anyone have a quick answer for me?

Thanks,

McGuit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david funch
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Do I have the correct pieces in the game for Puerto Rico
When I counted mine after 1st opening the game, everything matched up exactly. looks like you got some painting to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
The colonists were still in a factory sealed bag when I got the game.
So I'm pretty sure I got the right amount of them.

So, does anyone know for sure if I have to have 9 coffee other than the 8 that came in the set in order to play? Does anyone know for sure?

Having the extra Indigo is not a prob if it is an extra. Has anyone else run into the same thing when they punched their set out? An extra of one crop and short in another?

Would Rio Grande possibly send me one coffee counter if indeed I need all 9 for the game?

Would appreciate any help you might be able to offer.

Thanks all for your time and effort.

McGuit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have the correct number of plantation tiles?

Thank you very much for your quick response.

All the best,

McGuit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This reminds me of an extremely bizarre situation involving myself and the blue indigo barrels. One day I did a quick count check and discovered there was an extra coffee but two indigo barrels short. Everything else was accounted for. My friend also did the same check. We then cut dowel, shaped it and stained it and made two new ones. About a week later we reintroduced these to the game and discovered that there weren't any blue ones missing after all, and what's more the coffee count was spot on.

Now, if it was just me doing the counting I'd just write it off as a silly mistake on my part. But I had someone else verify my count and what's more, there were two other people observing this too! Most bizarre and still unexplained.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boote
United Kingdom
Virginia Water
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like an attack of the dobber kobolds - the Dobbolds.
They're like car key gnomes, but they delight in turning small game components invisible
They can strike at any time!
The only solution is drink just enough so you're just drunk enough to see them, feign unconciousness, then POUNCE before they can complete their nefarious spells
This disrupts the spell and the components stay visible
Usually all over the floor, where you dislodged them when you pounced...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a brand new PR game and I thought I had a wrong count for goods, turns out I was looking at plantation tile numbers instead of goods numbers. They are listed near same place in manual. If I can make that mistake, others may as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
McGuit wrote:
The colonists were still in a factory sealed bag when I got the game.
So I'm pretty sure I got the right amount of them.

At least in the alea version, you always get a few more colonist than needed. So you better count them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Lesan
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just last night after finally buying Puerto Rico, I opened the box and dutifully counted all the bits. I too was bummed to find one missing Coffee plantation tile and one extra Indigo tile. cry

Searched BGG and came up with this thread. Lo and behold as JC and others point out I had my numbers for goods versus tiles backwards and have the correct numbers - 8 Coffee tiles and 12 Indigo tiles. All is once again right in my little game obesessed universe thanks to BGG and the kind folks that post here. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.