Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walter Sandsquish
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I picked up a copy of the Alea/Rio Grande Games edition of Ra today at a second-hand store. It's in very good shape, but the tile mixture is different from that described in the rules.

In some cases, I have three times as many tiles as listed, and, in other cases, I only have three fifths as many tiles as listed.

Was there a misprint in the rules or a production problem with one of the editions of Ra? (It's tough for me to believe that someone would buy three copies of an expensive, imported game and then switch tiles between the copies, only to sell them to thrift stores afterwards.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
helo jetamy
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/83013

here might have the answer you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Sandsquish
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, but those seem to be complaints about one or two missing tiles in the Uberplay edition. I have the Alea/Rio Grande Games edition and I have the correct number of tiles, but the tile distribution is strange.

These are the tiles I have.
(And these are the tiles the component list says I should have.)

30 Ra, 3x8 Gods, 15 Pharoaohs, 6 Funerals
(30 Ra, 8 Gods, 25 Pharoaohs, 2 Funerals)

15 Nile, 12 Flood, 6 Droughts
(25 Nile, 12 Flood, 2 Droughts)

3x5 Civilization, 12 Unrest, 15 Gold
(5x5 Civilization, 4 Unrest, 5 Gold)

3x8 Monuments, 6 Earthquakes
(5x8 Monuments, 2 Earthquakes)

6 1, 24 2, 12 5, and 6 10 Tablets
(10 1, 8 2, 20 5, and 10 10 Tablets)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is quite easy to explain.

When you buy a new copy (of the RGG/Alea version), the tiles come on several sheets, each sheet with some number (say 30) of tiles. The set contains a certain composition of sheets (say 1x #1, 2x #2, 3x #3).

If there is a mistake, so that a wrong composition of sheets have been put into the set (say 3x #1, 2x #2, 1x #3), then you will have a wrong tile mix.

This is a production problem. Try to ask the maker for a replacement. (Try Alea; RGG may not have any extra tiles for replacement.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Helba
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No wonder your copy ended up in a second-hand store. It must be very painful to play with 40% less good tiles and 3X as many disasters! laugh Good luck getting it straightened out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.