Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffery Hatmaker
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battle For Basra is fast and furious. Every time I play I'm appalled at the enormous pile of Iraqi losses. This game requires very little or no wargaming experience to enjoy, it's portable, it has lots of fast action, and even if you have to buy a copy, it's quite cheap. There's just no down side. Sicne it doesn't take long to play I highly recommend that you stow it in your gear if you have to travel. This game delivers the goods and then some.

powwowdancer out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R R
United States
Castaic
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this twice while on a trip this week. I made a key mistake....I never moved into the same hex as the Iraqi units and that made the terrain and combat too costly and gave the Iraqi forces a narrow win each team. I put Iraqi infantry in the first wadi, concentrated on the road and then behind the elevated highway. The tanks go 2 hexes behind the highway and the BMP's and mortar even further back. The American forces lose just enough units or are slowed down enough by the terrain if they can't move into hexes with enemy units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kreutzer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember after 2003 coming up with an "insurgency" variant scenario, to simulate combat patrols in the later war. Something to do with IED attacks and giving Iraqi "insurgent" infantry some ambush capability against the US units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.