David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Junta and Kremlin!

(old school but my favorite political games)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hermus
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll second Junta, it has all the fun and nasty elements of politics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Die Macher is the biggie if you're looking at the subject of an "election".
If you want a game with political elements though, there's not much room in it for anything else!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonzo Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
Vie by Victory Point Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Organized Crime by Koplow Games and I.C.E. is underrated as a politcal game. Each player takes the roll of crime boss. Each has twenty hit men to use as enforcers or to designate properties. The players wind up voting on practically every action but the object of the game is eliminate everyone else. The drawback is that the game only works for four players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devi "Day" Hughes
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Orange County Board Gamers - come play games with us! http://www.ocbg.net
badge
Prince With A Thousand Enemies
mbmbmbmbmb
The old Games Workshop game Warrior Knights had some great political elements in it. It's a longer game, and out of print, but Fantasy Flight is going to be re-working it. I hope they keep all of the politics in...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hermus
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How about 'In the Shadow of the Emperor'? I haven't played it yet but it appears to be a political game, with periodic elections held for Holy Roman Emperor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
El-ahrairah wrote:
The old Games Workshop game Warrior Knights had some great political elements in it. It's a longer game, and out of print, but Fantasy Flight is going to be re-working it. I hope they keep all of the politics in...

Another great old game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Trimmer
United States
Houston
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Republic of Rome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Neff
United States
Culver City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Martin,

How poltical do you want the game to be? There are a lot of political games that use lots of satire and of course many election games. There have been US presidential election games going back to before the turn of the 20th Century and there are a few that deal with UK elections as well.

Many of the card driven wargames (like those from GMT?) have political events in the text of the cards. Of course any game that uses area control is in effect political.

Robert

bloke wrote:
Are there any good games that have decent political elements. I have Game of Thrones which is Diplomacyesque (though i don't like the latter), which is the sort of thing I would be after.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfenwizards is, IMO, White Winds' untouted gem of the series that included Elfenland, Santa Fe and Freight Train.

It's a game of trying to get your (elven) family to the pinnacle of Elfen politics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.