(The Artist formerly known as) Arnest R
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and carry on...
mbmbmbmbmb
Is someone aware of such a game (as in "commercially available") ?

For those wondering : RFIDs are essentially very small transponders which can be embedded in an object to electronically identify that object used in conjunction with an RFID reader (without physical contact).

I'm not out to discuss the usefulness or lack of it of such devices for the hobby - I'm merely curious. My personal bet is we'll see collectibles in the next couple of years, if they're not there yet.

Edit : spelling...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen
United States
Ferndale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll never take me alive you UN bastards! *Jumps out window and blows up building* surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Lebowski
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The Dude abides!
badge
yeah? well… y’know, that’s just like, uh… your opinion, man…
mbmbmbmbmb
don't know about RFID games, but there are already some RFID toys out there - action figures recognizing their partners for interacting in a special way etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the closest thing I can think of:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/18262

There's probably a specific reason you want RFID, but Knitzia has an electronic King Arthur game that isn't RFID, but you might want to take a look at it.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/6368

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chappelear
United States
Kensington
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
These aren't boardgames, but when I was in Japan a couple of years ago, the arcades had multiplayer games that required collectable cards with RFID chips to be placed on a table with sensors--the most popular seemed to be a soccer/football gave.

See http://ubiks.net/local/blog/jmt/archives3/003971.html for an example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
davy Van Goethem
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
Hi,

I am a belgian student IWT and am currently working on my master project. And guess what it is? :-)
We are building a boardgame that uses RFID to determine which pieces are standing on which square. The prototype we are building is loosly based on "Pirates of the spanish main". unfortionalty I am bound by a Non-disclosure contract so I can't tell you any details. But if it is finished I'll ask my boss if I can post the demo video online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.