GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,178 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Runebound: The Scepter of Kyros» Forums » Rules

Subject: Encounter cards. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Wilhelmi
Germany
Husum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says in the rules:
"Set aside all blue and red cards frome the "Rise..." adventure. Keep these cards handy, as you may need them later"
Well, it is never explained when and how.
When the endgame starts, one blue giants per player + one is used for the siege of the towns. What happens with the remaining ones. Are they still used? Are the normal blue cards used from that point on for the remaing and returning blue challenges? What about the red ones?
Sadly I cannot find the answers in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goldman
United States
Freeville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Patrick,

I have my copy on order, and haven't read the rules yet, but there is one thing that I noticed about some of FFG's games: If you can't find the answer in the rules, the answer is most likely found on one (or more) of the cards. Perhaps some other cards have uses listed for them? Just an idea.

--Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Wraith
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dr.morton wrote:
It says in the rules:
"Set aside all blue and red cards frome the "Rise..." adventure. Keep these cards handy, as you may need them later"
Well, it is never explained when and how.

I think it mentions that if you run out of Blue or Red Encounter cards for Scepter, that you should use those from the main game. Although, running out of Blue cards would pretty much mean the game is over (i.e. no more Giant Lords.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
one of the blue giants has a blue counter form the base deck as an ally yyou have to defeat before attacking the giant,

also one of the yellow game advernutre erm "plot" cards gives all the player a red card a reward free to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.