Mike Montesa
United States
El Cerrito
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While my collection increases weekly, and I'm thoroughly enjoyig both the game and the minis, I can't help noticing that I'm really short on basic rifleman figures of almost all nations. I have MOUNTAINS of AT guns, far more than I'll ever use or need, and yet I'm scouring these packs for just everyday grunts. I have a grand total of 4 Russian infantry in something like a case and a half of Set 1 boosters. Bazookas seem to be coming out of my ears and I have 12 of them, and almost as many flamethrowers, yet I only have 5 M1 Garands. Oh and my ranks of all nationalities are top heavy with brass, with officer or NCO type minis outnumbering most of the riflemen I have.

The choice to make certain minis uncommon or rare I also find weird. The Japanese Ka-Mi is uncommon whereas your T-34/76 is rare (when the frequency of encountering either vehicle historically should certainly be reversed).

But still for me, the most uncommon minis of all have been the basic riflemen. The prices on eBay seem to suggest a similar situation for many people.

Still, love the game and love the figs, but the mix is pretty frustrating sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Montesa
United States
El Cerrito
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tornadog wrote:
I have noticed an interesting pattern on the Ebay prices of these units. A week after a scenario is posted by AH, the prices of the minis in that scenario goes up. This happened with the KV-1, Panzer III, T-34/76, mosin-nagant. Looks like a lot of people are playing this game only with the official scenarios. I have finally managed to get my collection to the point where I have all the units mentioned in the scenarios and nothing more. I just traded away every unit that are not yet part of any scenario. Downside is if new scenarios come out with units I gave away I will have to buy them again.

I hadn't noticed the eBay effect of the official scenarios - interesting indeed.

Maybe try playing with the scenarios I've posted here (Under the Noel Trees, Sahara, and Wintergewitter)? These are ASL scenarios I've converted. I have the minis to play the first two, but not the last one (yet) - those Russian minis are so freaking hard to get, either from eBay or out of a booster.

Anyway, I'm planning to convert more ASL scenarios (I have several of the old modules and a stack of issues of the General to pick from).

If you play any of mine I'd be happy to hear your feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.