Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another game of Caylus – in my opinion the “Game of the Year” for 2005 – was pre-planned prior to our meeting. Indeed, so many people wanted to play, that two separate games were in progress at the same time!

Game 1 was already underway when I arrived, and included Rich, Jared, Greg Lull, Robert and Chris. Rich scribbled a few notes:

• All of the building locations were occupied.
• All of the castle spaces in the 3rd phase were occupied. Indeed, Chris wanted to build two more huts, but there were no further spaces available.
• One turn saw a HUGE move by the provost: 11 spaces backwards! This denied four players any actions beyond the bridge.

After trailing much of the game, Rich scored big in the final turns to capture the victory.

Finals: Rich 65, Chris 62, Robert 55, Jared 42, Greg 40

Ratings: Rich 9, Greg 7.5

Game 2 began as soon as Paul & Diana Blake arrived. Paul was toting his new copy of the game, and was anxious to play. The newlyweds were joined by Alison and Brian. The group was so engrossed in the game, that no one managed to take notes. The only record I received was the final placement order:

Finals: Alison, Diana, Brian, Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.