Recommend
75 
 Thumb up
 Hide
1106 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [45] | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [Deck] Unveiling NBN "Never Advance" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: forum [+] A:N-decks [+] [View All]
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Neat deck idea, similar to something I've been working on.

One thing I'm NOT running is Closed Accounts. I didn't even really consider it, and I'm curious about how you feel about its inclusion. Especially if you take out (or aren't running) RDP.

You've got Data Raven, Snare!, and Breaking News as your taggers. That's what I have, too, and I've found that it's hard to pile them on heavy enough for them to stick long enough for me to used a Closed Accounts when I need to. It works for PSF because they're often "surprise!" tags and you kill them that turn, but I've found I want to save my Closed Accounts until I need to make them poor so I can get through something I can't fast advance. And by the time that comes around, they've had time to drop the tag.

Anyway, curious about your usage of it here, how often it helps you out.

Also, have you considered Sea Source? I can't fit it in, but the idea keeps hovering around me and there's been games I would have won if I'd had one.

I've been trying out False Lead, although you're correct that the new ruling makes it harder to use. It also means I have 12 Agendas in the deck, but at least only 1 of them is a 3 (I have 1 RDP to get to 20). It doesn't seem too uncommon to have the runners run on their second click, and if they pick up a Snare! while I have a False Lead then it'll stick for a turn while I PSF. I've only tried FL in a couple games, though, so not nearly as much testing as you've done.

I'm also running 3 PADs instead of a 2 and Red Herrings. This is my first NBN deck without RH in it, and I miss them. You're so very right about how dropping an upgrade on top of a trap seems to just draw runs. And I can only do that with 2 SanSans instead of more. But there's just not enough space!

Anyway, fun decks. Thanks for your thoughts on it!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My iteration of this concept actually forgoes the likes of closed accounts, with the main tag threw being PSF and resource killing. Sometimes criminal with account siphon can ruin your day by running all over your shit, but I could usually weather it and spring back up with drip economy, popup, and almost never playing hedge fund unless I need to Rez something big, in which case you should have stopped that siphon what's also important is to remember you could dunk money down a trace ice in front of your hq if you're not far away from 5 creds.

So, while its nice to go against a siphon with a closed account, I just find it unreliable and unnecessary for the most part. Your mileage may vary
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B
msg tools
So I've decided to try this deck out next time I play, but I made a few minor changes. The most obvious is putting in a PAD for a marked accounts(I dont see why you would run a marked over a PAD). The 2nd involves replacing a wall of static with an Ice Wall to use up that one influence and improve the ICE. The 3rd was removing a Snare and adding in another Caduceus while removing another wall of static to keep the same ICE count and have a money gain. The free space is replaced with another Red Herring so you have a chance to actually get it whereas currently with one its sorta pointless as you have such a low chance of getting the single one. I thought about just removing the red herring, but I like the idea of have it in the deck.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SilverSaint wrote:
So I've decided to try this deck out next time I play, but I made a few minor changes. The most obvious is putting in a PAD for a marked accounts(I dont see why you would run a marked over a PAD). The 2nd involves replacing a wall of static with an Ice Wall to use up that one influence and improve the ICE. The 3rd was removing a Snare and adding in another Caduceus while removing another wall of static to keep the same ICE count and have a money gain. The free space is replaced with another Red Herring so you have a chance to actually get it whereas currently with one its sorta pointless as you have such a low chance of getting the single one. I thought about just removing the red herring, but I like the idea of have it in the deck.


One of the nuances of Marked Accounts is that it's so bad that it'll ACTUALLY get you some money, whereas a Pad is insta-kill True story!

Caddie is nice in NBN but I think it's not really needed BADLY in this deck, IMO. It's early ICE, once breakable, none of its abilities matter. And it's Mimic food. But can't get much better than free ICE that costs the runner, I guess

Red Herring is great, it's protection, it's bluffing, etc. Only downside is getting it seen in R&D.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:

One of the nuances of Marked Accounts is that it's so bad that it'll ACTUALLY get you some money, whereas a Pad is insta-kill True story!


Agreed. I'm notorious for letting Marked Accounts remain in play. PAD Campaigns on the other hand = IMP fodder.

I've played against Marked Accounts and admit they did burn me one game. ... As the Runner I let the game drag on and made a few poor choices (I'm not sure letting Marked Accounts remain in play was one of them).

Adonis Campaign is insta-rez = Runner destroy. PAD Campaigns, if you haven't got to them in the first two turns, I'm not sure it matters any more. Marked Accounts - meh. Only if you have IMP. I feel the same about Private Contracts (depending on the faction).

One note; I kill every economy card I can against HB.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
pusherman42 wrote:
Neat deck idea, similar to something I've been working on.

One thing I'm NOT running is Closed Accounts. I didn't even really consider it, and I'm curious about how you feel about its inclusion. Especially if you take out (or aren't running) RDP.

You've got Data Raven, Snare!, and Breaking News as your taggers. That's what I have, too, and I've found that it's hard to pile them on heavy enough for them to stick long enough for me to used a Closed Accounts when I need to. It works for PSF because they're often "surprise!" tags and you kill them that turn, but I've found I want to save my Closed Accounts until I need to make them poor so I can get through something I can't fast advance. And by the time that comes around, they've had time to drop the tag.

Anyway, curious about your usage of it here, how often it helps you out.

Also, have you considered Sea Source? I can't fit it in, but the idea keeps hovering around me and there's been games I would have won if I'd had one.

I've been trying out False Lead, although you're correct that the new ruling makes it harder to use. It also means I have 12 Agendas in the deck, but at least only 1 of them is a 3 (I have 1 RDP to get to 20). It doesn't seem too uncommon to have the runners run on their second click, and if they pick up a Snare! while I have a False Lead then it'll stick for a turn while I PSF. I've only tried FL in a couple games, though, so not nearly as much testing as you've done.

I'm also running 3 PADs instead of a 2 and Red Herrings. This is my first NBN deck without RH in it, and I miss them. You're so very right about how dropping an upgrade on top of a trap seems to just draw runs. And I can only do that with 2 SanSans instead of more. But there's just not enough space!

Anyway, fun decks. Thanks for your thoughts on it!


I don't think I could run this deck without Closed Accounts; I've gotten really good mileage out of that card. In fact, I'd love to run 3, but just don't have space in the deck for it. One combo that's pretty obvious but very effective if I need the Runner to be broke - stick Breaking News into my main server. They either run it and spend resources getting in, or don't run it and get hit with Closed Accounts. As much as I like the card though, I think the deck archetype would work just fine without it (and possibly even better, maybe with SEA Source instead; see below!) Edit: I forgot to mention one thing here; removing RDP won't change my feelings on Closed Accounts at all. Frankly, RDP's inclusion in this deck is just for the agenda point requirement. It did win one game for me, but it's a game I would've won anyway - RDP just made it happen faster. It's a very "win-more" card.

I have tested the deck with SEA Source, and I do like it an awful lot in this deck; I just have a really hard time trying to find space for it. I played one game where SEA Source made the game an easy 7-2 blowout; someone who probably hasn't played against NBN that much put 7-8 cards on a Personal Workshop That said, I can normally achieve the same effect with Breaking News instead.

In fact, the problem with not having room to fit SEA Source characterizes a lot of the cards I'd like to put in this deck. I'm very likely to try a 54 card version when Project Beale is available. Yeah, yeah, I hear the cries of "inefficient" already, but let me let the detractors in on a little secret: variance is good in a deception/trap deck!


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
SilverSaint wrote:
So I've decided to try this deck out next time I play, but I made a few minor changes. The most obvious is putting in a PAD for a marked accounts(I dont see why you would run a marked over a PAD). The 2nd involves replacing a wall of static with an Ice Wall to use up that one influence and improve the ICE. The 3rd was removing a Snare and adding in another Caduceus while removing another wall of static to keep the same ICE count and have a money gain. The free space is replaced with another Red Herring so you have a chance to actually get it whereas currently with one its sorta pointless as you have such a low chance of getting the single one. I thought about just removing the red herring, but I like the idea of have it in the deck.


This isn't an obvious choice at all. I've explained at least once, and I think implicitly 2-3 times more, why I like Marked Accounts better in this deck than PAD Campaign. In fact, I went so far as to say in those posts that if I were going to make changes to the economy cards, I'd take out PAD first and not Marked Accounts.

This has nothing to do with the runner "leaving them alone", either, and everything to do with the fact that I'm extremely mercenary about not letting them clog my main server when I use them as traps. Go back and read my earlier posts!


Edit: I feel very strongly about my opinion on this point. I am not waffling at all in my feelings on this one - Marked Accounts is a better card than PAD Campaign in this deck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lluluien wrote:

Edit: I feel very strongly about my opinion on this point. I am not waffling at all in my feelings on this one - Marked Accounts is a better card than PAD Campaign in this deck.


I love it!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Waitwaitwait, it's not about marked account being better or worse than pad campaign, it's really a lot more about having two pad campaigns (6 cards instead of 3). They are super similar in function, and to be honest they mean basically the same thing to the runner, with the biggest difference being... 1, in trash cost. And that you can't really bluff a pad campaign the turn you want to use it.

In the eyes of imp, the two are the same
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
Waitwaitwait, it's not about marked account being better or worse than pad campaign, it's really a lot more about having two pad campaigns (6 cards instead of 3). They are super similar in function, and to be honest they mean basically the same thing to the runner, with the biggest difference being... 1, in trash cost. And that you can't really bluff a pad campaign the turn you want to use it.

In the eyes of imp, the two are the same


Except it's not for me. It's about having 5 Marked Accounts, and not about having 5 PAD Campaigns. I've got LOTS of testing in this deck. None of you are going to convince me otherwise

Edit: It's not just the one in trash cost, it's also the 2 in rez cost. Little things like this do matter, at least to me. I believe fine tuning details like this is the difference between me having gone 20-0 with this deck, and not 19-1. I don't have any other deck I've taken to this level of tuning anywhere in Netrunner, but like I said, this particular question is one I feel very strongly about, because it's one I spent lots of time thinking about.

That said, it's certainly possible the relative strength of the card would differ among playstyles; if you are inclined to defend more than just main server + 1 chimera server, you may get more mileage out of PAD Campaign instead.

I really do want to emphasize this point again that I explained in a couple earlier posts - much of the functionality I get out of the economy cards comes from using them as traps (Runner wastes money running the server to find out what they are when they're facedown). Marked Accounts is better for costing 1 more to trash. When I put one in the main server, it normally doesn't live long because other things want to occupy that space. Not spending an extra credit rezzing it makes that less wasteful too, and Marked Accounts will almost never live beyond 3 turns in the main server anyway.

I contend if you're not using the cards that way, you're not playing this deck according to the spirit in which it was designed. That doesn't mean it won't work the other way, but it does mean you're playing it differently than how I designed it to be played.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B
msg tools
Tuism wrote:
Waitwaitwait, it's not about marked account being better or worse than pad campaign, it's really a lot more about having two pad campaigns (6 cards instead of 3). They are super similar in function, and to be honest they mean basically the same thing to the runner, with the biggest difference being... 1, in trash cost. And that you can't really bluff a pad campaign the turn you want to use it.

In the eyes of imp, the two are the same


I agree, its more about have essentially "6" PAD campaigns. I still don't see why you would rather have a marked over a PAD (assuming you have 2 of each and room to add one more card). Maybe I don't understand what you mean in your posts above and now below this Lluluien, but I am presuming you are pretending the marked is a trap and with it still unrezzed replacing it eventually with a trap or actual agenda? I don't see how a PAD couldn't function in this regard, but have more options?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
In the eyes of imp, the two are the same


That's really the rub, isn't it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So do you use Marked Accounts and PAD Campaign at all for economy, or just bluff them in the remotes?

If bluffing was your only case, wouldn't cards like RedHerring do the same thing - and still bluff agendas? With the added benefit that now if you have two in a server your opponent has to decide on SanSans/Herrings/Agenda/Traps.

I'm not questioning the deck, just trying to understand it. I very much applaud the idea and am glad to see you've had such success with it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Asher
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lluluien wrote:
Tuism wrote:
In the eyes of imp, the two are the same


That's really the rub, isn't it?

lluluien's point still stands, even with imp in the equation. Imp is only good for trashing so many cards, and once the trashing is done, marked accounts is better for his purposes than pad campaign is.

I 'get' the idea of why pad campaign is inferior here. I apply the same principle when running as often as I can: I trash the pad after it's been rezzed whenever possible (even with imp!!!!!!!) meaning that my investment of 4 credits (or imp counter) and a run is worth its maximal value.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
notyetsuperman wrote:
So do you use Marked Accounts and PAD Campaign at all for economy, or just bluff them in the remotes?

If bluffing was your only case, wouldn't cards like RedHerring do the same thing - and still bluff agendas? With the added benefit that now if you have two in a server your opponent has to decide on SanSans/Herrings/Agenda/Traps.

I'm not questioning the deck, just trying to understand it. I very much applaud the idea and am glad to see you've had such success with it.


That's actually a super-excellent question!

The reason to not use Red Herring instead is just that it has 1 trash cost. The economy cards I have in this deck are not as much about providing me money as they are taking away money from the Runner. I would actually consider using more Red Herrings for this purpose if they had higher trash cost.

Do note though, that part of the reason this strategy works is because if the Runner decides NOT to do something about them, then I still get some benefit from having the card installed. If it's installed without protection, PAD Campaign actually probably is better (counter-intuitively because of the lower trash cost), because I won't install one outside the main server unless:

1) I have a specific behavior I'm trying to elicit from the Runner by putting it there, or
2) I don't think they can afford to trash them, and I'm trying to snowball my current advantage.

Edit: In other words, if it gets trashed, it's likely because I intended it to be, and if it doesn't get trashed, it's likely because I predicted it wouldn't.

Incidentally, all this is why Imp is a real monster against this deck, even though the Runner himself probably doesn't understand exactly why. S/he is going to think it's because s/he is costing me money. That's not it at all. It's because it's saving him/her money.

This deck doesn't need much money to run, and prefers both parties to be broke, because that makes my identity ability stronger.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bingo Little
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Just played my first one of these as workshop noise. Milled it into the ground. Never had an easier deck. Imps took out the critical econ. Recurring parasites late just ate the ravens for lunch. Never needed anything more than a crypsis to hunt ravens and jack out. 2 and then 3 mediums staring the guy down paralyzed any hope of advancing on remotes. Is that an edge of the world behind san san? Who cares! Only scored 1 breaking news and I only ever made about 3 successful runs throughout the game before the 13+ point archive run.

How does OP do against workshop noise?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lluluien wrote:

Do note though, that part of the reason this strategy works is because if the Runner decides NOT to do something about them, then I still get some benefit from having the card installed. If it's installed without protection, PAD Campaign actually probably is better (counter-intuitively because of the lower trash cost), because I won't install one outside the main server unless:


So, if you drop a Marked down in your main server and they DON'T go for it next turn, would you rez it up and use it ever? Although my deck isn't exactly the same by any means, I usually try and put 2-3 PADs/Markeds outside the main server to generate income. If they non-Imp trash it, then like you say, that costs them money and I'me fine with that.

The other PADs/Markeds I'll use to draw runs through the main server as a way to keep them poor or pull them through a Data Raven. But if I drop it there I almost never rez it to use it.

How does that vary from your experience/play style?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
notyetsuperman wrote:
So do you use Marked Accounts and PAD Campaign at all for economy, or just bluff them in the remotes?

I can't conceive of how doing one or the other exclusively wouldn't be sub-optimal, even in a vacuum.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
sciencebuster wrote:
Just played my first one of these as workshop noise. Milled it into the ground. Never had an easier deck. Imps took out the critical econ. Recurring parasites late just ate the ravens for lunch. Never needed anything more than a crypsis to hunt ravens and jack out. 2 and then 3 mediums staring the guy down paralyzed any hope of advancing on remotes. Is that an edge of the world behind san san? Who cares! Only scored 1 breaking news and I only ever made about 3 successful runs throughout the game before the 13+ point archive run.

How does OP do against workshop noise?


I've played against PW Noise 4 times, and I've won each time. This deck is a tough matchup, but there's one thing to remember against PW Noise - his early game is so horrible that I can install agendas with impunity the first 3-4 turns, because he's got fewer tricks up his sleeve to beat a 1-ICE server with (Inside Job, Test Run, Femme (he can't afford to play it early), Tinkering, etc.). All those tricks have high influence cost, and PW Noise spends all his influence on PW and Aesop's.

This is one of the reasons I posted earlier that the playstyle has to adapt to the Runner. That's really probably a "duh, so do all of them" point, but if you're playing Criminal, you should probe and feint to see if you can draw out their shenanigan cards. If you're playing PW Noise, the game is a race. He's in a sportscar, and you're in a muscle car. If you don't take advantage of your advantage in the first quarter-mile, you're going to lose.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lluluien wrote:
He's in a sportscar, and you're in a muscle car. If you don't take advantage of your advantage in the first quarter-mile, you're going to lose.


Beautiful.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
pusherman42 wrote:
lluluien wrote:

Do note though, that part of the reason this strategy works is because if the Runner decides NOT to do something about them, then I still get some benefit from having the card installed. If it's installed without protection, PAD Campaign actually probably is better (counter-intuitively because of the lower trash cost), because I won't install one outside the main server unless:


So, if you drop a Marked down in your main serve and they DON'T go for it next turn, would you rez it up and use it ever? Although my deck isn't exactly the same by any means, I usually try and put 2-3 PADs/Markeds outside the main server to generate income. If they non-Imp trash it, then like you say, that costs the money and I'me fine with that.

The other PADs/Markeds I'll use to draw runs through the main server as a way to keep them poor or pull them through a Data Raven. But if I drop it there I almost never rez it to use it.

How does that vary from your experience/play style?


It doesn't vary I'm likely to leave it unrezzed as well unless I think I'm well-defended at the moment and will be taking money and/or cards over the next few turns. Again, Marked is normally better here, because the notions of whether or not I'm well-defended can change on a turn-by-turn basis against a good runner, so the odds it will live rezzed beyond 3 turns is pretty slim. Poor Marked Accounts. It really has a thankless job in this deck
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
astroglide wrote:
notyetsuperman wrote:
So do you use Marked Accounts and PAD Campaign at all for economy, or just bluff them in the remotes?

I can't conceive of how doing one or the other exclusively wouldn't be sub-optimal, even in a vacuum.


Ah... I didn't mean to exclude one without the other. Mispost - but the OP answered despite my incomplete question. =)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sciencebuster wrote:
Just played my first one of these as workshop noise. Milled it into the ground. Never had an easier deck. Imps took out the critical econ. Recurring parasites late just ate the ravens for lunch. Never needed anything more than a crypsis to hunt ravens and jack out. 2 and then 3 mediums staring the guy down paralyzed any hope of advancing on remotes. Is that an edge of the world behind san san? Who cares! Only scored 1 breaking news and I only ever made about 3 successful runs throughout the game before the 13+ point archive run.

How does OP do against workshop noise?


Noise is still very strong. Of course if you mill off 13+ points against any deck its going to be a winner.

I think a few more games are necessary. If Noise loses 50% of the time, I think we've got a winner.

Also, I want to add that Noise players vary. He is very tricky and in the right hands, is very hard to beat. Against skilled Corp players, I have lost twice with Noise and remain undefeated elsewhere. A lot of these wins 'seem lucky' but when you consider I've been milling off 9-13 cards per game is that luck? or odds?

I mention all this because Noise is tough to beat no matter what deck you are up against. And that this deck is one shine of glimmer to help defeat it. As long as Noise hits one of the traps. =)

My Noise play would have a tough time with this deck. I make a bout 3 - 4 strategic runs per game. If I guess wrong and hit that Edge of World, I'm doomed. ... recognizing I'll have a tough time in the remotes, I'll have to go for HQ and R&D runs where I expect to experience exactly what you did ... another easy peasy victory for Noise. Unless I hit Snares =(
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I really need to play this deck more before I keep commenting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
notyetsuperman wrote:
Noise is still very strong. Of course if you mill off 13+ points against any deck its going to be a winner.

I think a few more games are necessary. If Noise loses 50% of the time, I think we've got a winner.

Also, I want to add that Noise players vary. He is very tricky and in the right hands, is very hard to beat. Against skilled Corp players, I have lost twice with Noise and remain undefeated elsewhere. A lot of these wins 'seem lucky' but when you consider I've been milling off 9-13 cards per game is that luck? or odds?

I mention all this because Noise is tough to beat no matter what deck you are up against. And that this deck is one shine of glimmer to help defeat it. As long as Noise hits one of the traps. =)

My Noise play would have a tough time with this deck. I make a bout 3 - 4 strategic runs per game. If I guess wrong and hit that Edge of World, I'm doomed. ... recognizing I'll have a tough time in the remotes, I'll have to go for HQ and R&D runs where I expect to experience exactly what you did ... another easy peasy victory for Noise. Unless I hit Snares =(


PW Noise really is a jerk. As notyetsuperman says here, even if I lost my next 4 games against him, I wouldn't feel too bad.

For what the anecdote is worth though, I won a game against PW Noise where the first 2 mills were Astroscript. He didn't have so many mills on me yet that he could be certain there were enough points in Archives for The One Run To Rule Them All, but the game reached a point where I knew he could win in one turn if he ran archives, and I knew he would do so soon. I set him up for a turn where he had to choose between 3 possibilities of 1) I score next turn and win, 2) He flatlines, and 3) he runs archives and hopes there's enough points in there. Fortunately for me, me having money and having 2-3 unrezzed ICE on Archives apparently was enough to make him wary of running there, and I had set him up for damned-either-way on the agenda I installed. He stole it, but I flatlined him with PSF (Data Raven tags).

That's probably the closest game I've played so far, even though the score didn't look it. I think he ended with just the 2 points he stole in the last turn. I knew though (but fortunately he didn't), that he could have made it into Archives, and there were already >7 points there.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [45] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.