Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tis the season … to shop! Well, at least that is what capitalism wants us to do! So, doing our part, we opted to play a game that deals with establishing a shopping mall: Andrea Meyer’s Mall World.

Players secure contracts, then try to arrange shops in the mall to fulfill the contracts. As the game progresses, these shops are rented, with player attempting to align the proper individuals and shops to fulfill the contracts they possess. Big points are scored for succeeding in these tasks.

Money is very tight, with the bidding for the right to secure cards sapping most of the players’ funds. Money is recouped by offering cards for auction, but this is risky as your opponents may scoop the card you hoped to keep.

The game has a strong puzzle aspect, as players must attempt to arrange shops in the proper alignment, then rent them to the correct people in order to fulfill the goal cards they possess. This can be quite a mind-bender, as there are often numerous options and potentialities. Of course, one’s opponents are also trying to arrange shops to meet their own goals, which are usually the opposite of your own.

Jim, Gail, Ray, Byron and I developed the mall, leasing shops and luring customers. I made several blunders, and had numerous scoring opportunities dashed by the placements of my opponents. Jim and Gail, however, seemed to grasp the placement strategies, and proved quite adept at reaching their goals. Jim edged Gail for the victory.

Finals: Jim 75, Gail 69, Ray 61, Byron 53, Greg 45

Ratings: Gail 8, Ray 8, Jim 7, Byron 7, Greg 6.5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.